My research is mostly concerned with the application of high-resolution multinuclear (1H, 13C, 15N) og multidimensional (2D/3D) NMR-spectroscopy of isotopically enriched (13C, 15N) proteins in solution and 2D NMR spectroscopy of proteinbinding peptides. The NMR spectra can give us information about structure of molecules, dynamical processes (exchange) and interactions between for instance larger biomolecules and smaller ligand molecules. I am mainly interested in the methodological aspects of NMR spectroscopy, and I am working with NMR spectroscopy applied to many areas within chemistry.
I am currently teaching the following courses:
NMR spectroscopy of proteins and peptides: Master projects are offered within the application of high resolution multinuclear (1H, 13C, 15N and others) and multidimensional (1D, 2D and 3D) NMR spectroscopy applied to proteins, peptides and smaller molecules that are interacting with proteins. NMR spectroscopy can give us important information about the function and working mechanisms of the protein at the molecular level in solution. This include structural information about the active sites, the binding of peptides and smaller molelcules (such as substrates, cofactors, inhibitors and drug molecules) and dynamical processes (the exchange of smaller ligand molecules). The choise of NMR-methods and post-processing procedures will depend strongly on the kind of information sought in each case.
This research is a cooperation with the department of Molecular Biology.
- 2019. A two-step telescoped continuous flow switchable process leading to nitriles, diaziridine or hydrazine derivatives. Reaction Chemistry & Engineering. 41-51.
- 2018. Steric factors on unsymmetrical O-hydroxyaryl N-Heterocyclic carbene ligands prevailing the stabilization of single stereoisomer of bis-ligated titanium complexes. Journal of Organometallic Chemistry. 106-116.
- 2014. Mutation of the highly conserved ser-40 of the HIV-1 p6 gag protein to phe causes the formation of a hydrophobic patch, enhances membrane association, and polyubiquitination of gag. Viruses. 3738-3765.
- 2013. Screening of the relaxivity of gadolinium-loaded periodic mesoporous silica functionalized by means of soft metalorganic silylamide grafting. European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry (EurJIC). 5969-5979.
- 2012. Thermal stability of chicken brain alpha-spectrin repeat 17: a spectroscopic study. Journal of Biomolecular NMR. 71-83.
- 2012. Human Protein N-terminal Acetyltransferase hNaa50p (hNAT5/hSAN) Follows Ordered Sequential Catalytic Mechanism (combined kinetic and NMR study). Journal of Biological Chemistry. 10081-10088.
- 2009. Synthesis of a new bidentate NHC–Ag(I) complex and its unanticipated reaction with the Hoveyda–Grubbs first generation catalyst. Tetrahedron. 7186-7194.
- 2009. Cytotoxic trans-oriented iminoether platinum complexes - Kinetics of binding to DNA oligonucleotides determined by 15-N NMR spectroscopy. Inorganica Chimica Acta. 907-914.
- 2008. Characterization and reactivity of peralkylated Ln(II)Al(III) heterobimetallic complexes. Dalton Transactions. 1899-1907.
- 2007. Homoleptic rare-earth metal(III) tetramethylaluminates: Structural chemistry, reactivity, and performance in isoprene polymerization. Chemistry - A European Journal. 8784-8800.
- 2006. Crystalline products isolated from solutions with commercially available 2,3-bis(2-pyridyl)pyrazine (dpp) as reactant: Detection of a dimerized form of dpp. Journal of Molecular Structure. 1-17.
- 2005. Conformational flexibility of alpha-lactalbumin related to its membrane binding capacity. Journal of Molecular Biology (JMB). 1072-1086.
- 2004. Tetrahydrobiopterin binding to aromatic amino acid hydroxylases. Ligand recognition and specificity. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 5962-5971.
- 2000. Preparation and NMR studies of 3-selenaheptadecanoic and 4-selenaoctadecanoic acid, RSe(CH2)nC(O)OH (R = -C14H29, n = 1 and 2), and their methyl esters. Journal of the Chemical Society. Perkin Transactions 2 (2001). 723-729.
- 1999. The structural basis of the recognition of phenylalanine and pterin cofactors by phenylalanine hydroxylase. Implications for the catalytic mechanism. Journal of Molecular Biology (JMB). 807-823.
- 1999. The structural Basis of the Recognition of Phenylalanine and Pterine Cofactors by Phenylalanine Hydroxylase. Implications for the Catalytic Mechanism. Journal of Molecular Biology (JMB). 807-823.
- 1998. Myricetin 3-rhamnopyranosyl (1-6) galactoside from Nymphaea x marliacea. Phytochemistry. 1997-2000.
- 1998. Interaction of Manganese (II)Cobalt(II) and Nickel(I) with DNA Oligomers Studied by Proton NMR Spectroscopy. Inorganica Chimica Acta. 41-46.
- 1996. Mercuration of acetone in the acetone-mercury(II) perchlorate2-('2-pyridyl)quinoxaline(L) system. Polyhedron. 1035-1039.
- 1994. The binding of mercury(II) to the syntetic oligonucleotide d(CGcGAATTCGCG)%cA %1H adn %1%5N NMR study. Journal of the American Chemical Society. 3240-3250.
- 1993. Sequence-Selective Metal Ion Binding to DNA Oligonucleotides. Acta Chemica Scandinavica. 649-657.
- 1992. Copper(II) - Purine Complexes Studied by Proton and Nitrogen-15 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance. Acta Chemica Scandinavica. 446-450.
- 1991. Solid-Phase Synthesis and Spectroscopic Studies of TRH Analogues Incorporating Cis- and trans-4-Hydroxy-L-Proline. Acta Chemica Scandinavica. 1047-1054.
- 2008. NMR kinetic studies using isotope labeled reagents.
- 1998. NMR study on the conformation of L-phenylalanine and dihydrobiopterin bound to wild-type and mutant forms of recombinant human phenylalanine hydroxylase.
- 2014. Using MUSIC and CC(CO)NH for Backbone Assignment of Two Medium-Sized Proteins Not Fully Accessible to Standard 3D NMR. Molecules. 8890-8903.
- 2004. An NMR study of alpha-lactalbumin: pKa-determinations and structural calculations.
- 2015. PELARGONIDIN-3-GLUCOSIDE: AN APPROACH TO STRUCTURE ELUCIDATION BY NMR - Choosing the right experiments.
- 1993. Sequence-selective interactions of DNA and metal ions : NMR studies of the interaction of divalent transition metal ions with oligodeoxyribonucleotides.
- 2009. Sequence-Selective Binding of Transition Metal Complexes to DNA. 28 pages.
- 1996. NMR studies of oligonucleotide - metal ion complexes. 1 pages.
- 1996. NMR Studies of Oligonucleotide-Metal Ion Interactions. 19 pages.
- 1995. NMR spectroscopic structure determination of metal ion - oligonucleotide complexes - the results of sequence-selective binding studies. 8 pages.
- 2006. Dissociative versus Associative Alkyl Exchange: An Extended Dynamic NMR Spectroscopic Study of Ln(AlMe4)3.