- Visitor AddressFosswinckels gate 6Lauritz Meltzers hus5007 Bergen
- Postal AddressPostboks 78025020 Bergen
Situated in Political Ecology and Critical Agrarian Studies, my current research consists of exploring the implications of solar rollout (and cognate aspects) in Rajasthan, India for habitat and the lived experiences of the citizenry. More broadly, my interests lie in exploring counter-incumbent energy pathways that draw on scholarship from degrowth, post-development, and post-extractivism aimed at bringing about convivial energy futures.
Prior to joining CET, I completed my master's at the Centre for Development and the Environment (SUM), at the University of Oslo, where I was also a member of the FME INCLUDE Centre and a student at the Fridtjof Nansens Institute (FNI).
My Research and Areas of Interest Consist Of:
- Post-development and Degrowth
- Energy Transitions
- Queer and Feminist Political Ecology
- (2022). Desert geographies: solar energy governance for just transitions. Globalizations.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Shokrgozar, S., 2021. The Case for Degrowth Energy Technologies. Tvergastein 1, 94–109.
Dunlap, A., Søyland, L., Shokrgozar, S., 2021. Editorial Introduction: Situating Debates in Post-development and Degrowth. Tvergastein 1, 7–31.