The amino acid sequence of proteins in biological samples can be determined by the use of mass spectrometry.
- Sample preparation, sample analysis by mass spectrometry and data analysis to give a final output consisting of a list of proteins present in the sample(s).
- Courses or individual training on site in all instruments for independent use.
- On site help for trained users.
- Support for scientists who want to perform these tasks other places than at PROBE.
Separation techniques for samples with large number of proteins:
- Gel-based separation of proteins based on molecular weight.
- Off-line HPLC for reverse phase or strong cation exchange fractionation.
- Off-gel separation of peptides and proteins based on isoelectric point.
- Enrichment of glycoprotein/peptides and phosphopeptides.