Debates and keynotes open to the public
All keynotes and panel debates at Bergen Summer Research School are free and open to the public -- welcome!
Will the ocean provide more or less food for humanity?
11. June | 11:00–12:30 | Egget, the Student Centre
Is the ocean a natural heritage to be preserved and protected, or a ‘farm’, with produce to be harvested?
12. June | 17:00–18:00 | Aud. 2, Law Faculty
Struggles to balance the demands of feeding the world and maintaining its health while preserving its oceans and its cultural heritage make it clear that environmental ethics and struggles against gendered violence are not separate issues.
Nutrition and food security
13. June | 15:30–17:00 | Aud. 2, Law Faculty
From grass roots initiatives to global policies
The Jekyll and Hyde aspects of breastfeeding
15. June | 13:30–15:00 | Aud. 2, Faculty of Law
Although the benefits of breastfeeding considerably outweigh potential risks, breast milk is also the source of infections transmissible to the breastfed infant.
Tobacco: a global challenge
15. June | 15:30–17:00 | Aud. 2, Faculty of Law
Will vigorous promotion of electronic cigarettes and other alternative nicotine delivery devices to smokers drastically cut premature mortality worldwide?
Controls on news media and free speech
15. June | 17:00–18:00 | Aud. 2, Law Faculty
The second greatest global challenge after climate change?
Higher Education as a Global Challenge (panel debate)
18. June | 13:30–15:00 | Aud. 2, Faculty of Law
Challenging patriarchy on campus
18. June | 15:30–17:00 | Aud. 2, Law Faculty
The dilemmas and complexities of tackling Gender-Based Harm in universities
Business and Human Rights - Security in the Food Supply Chain
20. June | 11:00-12:30 | NHH Norwegian Scholl of Economics, Aud. A
Rethinking Society for the 21st Century - Lunch of the IPSP report
20. June | 13:30-15:00 | NHH Norwegian Scholl of Economics, Aud. A
Global Challenges, Uncertainty and Complexity (panel debate)
21. June | 09:00–10:30 | The University Aula