Thank you for contributing to the SDG Conference Bergen 2023!
More than 1500 participants, speakers and staff from 117 countries made the SDG Conference Bergen 2023 a truly memorable digital conference!
The theme of the conference was A just transformation to a sustainable future, and speakers this year included:
▪ Jonas Gahr Støre, Prime Minister of Norway
▪ Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand, and former UNDP Administrator
▪ Hilda Nakabuye, Environmental Rights Activist, Founder Fridays For Future Uganda
▪ Trisha Greenhalgh, Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford
▪ Sheila Jasanoff, Pforzheimer Professor of Science and Technology Studies, Harvard Kennedy School, and Holberg Prize Laureate
Day Zero on the 8 February was a multitude of creative spaces like workshops, debates and exhibitions of relevance to the Sustainable Development Goals.
Check out the rest of the conference programme here, and watch the recorded keynotes and debates. The conference was digital and open to all.
The next conference will take place from the 7th to the 9th of February 2024.
The annual SDG Conference Bergen brings together research and higher education communities, politicians, government officials, NGOs and industry from all over the world to discuss the university sector's engagement with the sustainable development goals. The objective of the conference is to explore the role of research and education in creating new approaches for shared commitments to a sustainable global future.