Energy, Integrated Master's, 5 years
- Years5 years
- ECTS credits300
What you Learn
Required Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme the candidate should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has solid, science based knowledge about energy resources, their use and disadvantages.
- has knowledge related to ethical and societal issues related to energy production and utilization.
- has specialized knowledge within one or more areas as e.g. wind energy, marine renewables, solar energy, hydro power, geothermal energy, energy storage, optimization or environmental consequences.
- has a solid knowledge in basic disciplines as mathematics, physics and informatics which provides a solid foundation for continued upgrading and extension of the knowledge within energy.
- can use state-of-art methods within the field and is capable to get familiarized with new methods.
- can, within his or her special field, perform advanced analyses of e.g. resources, usable energy, system implications and environmental impacts.
- can plan and execute a research project together with a supervisor, but with a high degree of autonomy.
- has capability to get familiarized with adjacent fields and to communicate with specialists within those fields.
- can write and present a final project report in accordance with accepted practice within natural and technological sciences.
- can postulate and test hypotheses as well as make conclusions from his or her own work by referring to scientific literature.
- can make critical assessments of new ideas within the field of energy as well as making contributions to new solutions.
- can analyze and reflect upon relevant ethical issues related to energy
- demonstrates insight and respect for scientific values as transparency, precision and reliability.