Outbound researchers



As an EEA citzens, your child is right to attend publich school in all other EEA countries. For all cointries, you should apply for school in advance before leavning Norway. 
The host institution will in many cases be able to give advices about which schools to choose, or which are available for application. 
In some cases, the school will ask for documentation from the Norwegian school your child is attending today, more often if the child is in higher grade than 6 grade. Outside of Norway it is more common with marks and rating also in the lower grades. The school can also in some cases require a language test, ezpecially in english speaking schools.
In many cases in English speaking countries, the child will be plazed in classes for children with english as second language (ESL).  


From intermediate/secondary school and high school you can ask your Norwegian school to provide you with an english transcript. 



In many countries it is not as common as in Norway for toddlers to attend kindergarten or daycare. In addition, a fulltime plaze is more costly compared to the prices in Norway. 
There are often activities for example in the Seamen's church or in local libraries or churches which are good social arenas for children and partner. 
Host institution will also be able to provide you with information regarding local activities for children. 



When you leve Norway you should bring the following documentation in English:

  • Vaccination status
  • Birth certificate
  • European Health card (for EEA citizens)
  • Transcript from school