Objectives and Content
The aim of the course is for the student to obtain knowledge of the functioning of the human body under normal conditions and to be able to explain how the equilibrium and regulatory mechanisms works. Good knowledge of physiology is an important fundament for pathological and clinical knowledge, and also for clinical reasoning.
After completion of the course the student should be able to:
- Define the fundamental physiological terms.
- Explain the mechanisms for regulation of the different body functions.
- Explain how regulatory mechanisms can recover equilibrium and function when the equilibrium/function is disturbed in a physiological system.
- To understand the physiological background for clinical problems.
Access to the Course
Master programme in Pharmacy, or Master programme in Medical Technology
Teaching Methods and Extent of Organized Teaching
Lectures (approx. 80 hours).
Forms of Assessment
3 hour written exam.
OD1FYS, BMED252, NUTRFYS
Written evaluation using electronic/digital evaluation tool.
For written exams, please note that the start time may change from 09:00 to 15:00 or vice versa until 14 days prior to the exam.
Type of assessment: Written test
- 06.12.2021, 09:00
- 3 hours
- Withdrawal deadline
- Examination system
- Digital exam
- Solheimsgt. 18 (Administrasjonsbygget), SOL 3. etg., SOL 4. etg.