- Phone+47 55 58 25 52
- Visitor AddressChristies gate 155007 BergenRoom003
- Postal AddressPostboks 78025020 Bergen
Alexander is working as a PhD candidate on the Strengthening Regional Democracy - Contributing to Good Democratic Governance project. His research focuses on regional elections, regional electoral systems, and legislative-executive relations at the regional level. Additionally, Alexander is interested in the creation and development of institutions and organisations.
Alexander holds a Bachelor in Political Science from Leiden University and a Research Master in Political Science and Public Administration from Leiden University. Before he started his PhD, Alexander worked as a lecturer at the Institute of Public Administration at Leiden University and as a researcher at the Institute of Political Science at Leiden University.
- (2022). Municipal elections in the Netherlands, 13 March 2022. Electoral Bulletins of the European Union (BLUE).
- (2022). The US Midterm Election.
- (2023). Tracing developments in regional electoral democracy: the impact of regional authority, regional identity, and regional electoral systems on the regional vote. 20 pages.
- (2021). Earthquakes in Groningen: Organized Suppression of a Creeping Crisis. 16 pages.
More information in national current research information system (CRIStin)
Verdoes, A. (2020). Explaining the Emergence of International Parliamentary Institutions: The Case of the Benelux Interparliamentary Consultative Council. Parliamentary Affairs, 73 (2), pp. 385-407. https://doi.org/10.1093/pa/gsy054