I am currently (2023-2027) a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Foreign Languages at the University of Bergen. I belong to the Aesthetic Imaginaries reserach group, which currently attends to notions such as "everyday utopias" and "microutopias" and the potential such non-universalising imaginaries have to help us picture a better future from our fragmented present. My postdoctoral project investigates our perceptions and portrayals of populism and populist dynamics, specifically in post-Brexit British literature ("BrexLit"). I approach these ideas from an explicitly pragmatist philosophical point of view. My work thus sits at the intersection between literature, philosophy, and political theory.
I was awarded a PhD from the University of Cambridge (2021) for a study on the pragmatist philosopher Richard Rorty's uses of literature.
Additionally, I hold an MSc in Computer Science and Telematics and have extensive experience as a radio engineer, programmer, and project manager for complex IT-projects.
Participant, onstage public debate, "Inclusion and Deliberation Online”, Mangfoldshuset ("House of Diversity"), Trondheim, Norway, 31 October 2022
"Practising Philosophy in a Literary Spirit: Rorty’s Rejection of Metaphysics", IAI (Institute of Art and Ideas), https://iai.tv/articles/auid-2157-return-of-metaphysics-rorty-pragmatism... , 16 June 2022
“Literature must be an unsettling force for democracies”, episode, Damn the Absolute! (podcast-series av Erraticus Magazine), E.D. Huckerby & Jeffrey Howards https://erraticus.co/2022/06/01/literature-must-be-unsettling-force-democracy-elin-danielsen-huckerby/ ,1 June 2022
"Scholar-teacher-activist", blog post as guest writer, Remaking the University -- blog by Professor Christopher Newfield, 03.07.2018, http://utotherescue.blogspot.com/2018/07/the-scholar-teacher-activist-critical.html
"Melville and the problem of wrath" ("Melville og vredens problem"), essay, Prosopopeia, 2/2012.
"By Scripture alone" ("Ved skrifta åleine’ – Omtale av antologien Teologi (red. Mazdak Shafieian og Jørn H. Sværen, Sola Scriptura)"), review, Prosopopeia 3-4/2012
"But ask me about my life -- On facebook's one-size-fits-all template for life stories" ("Men spørg mig om mit liv" – Om facebooks en-størrelse-passer-alle-mal for livshistorier"), newspaper commentary, Bergens Tidende, 13.10.2011 (print)
- (2023). Redemption, transcendence, and spirituality, or ease, hope, and comfort? On Llanera's strong redescription of Rorty. Metaphilosophy. 429-441.
- (2022). ‘A search for purity or a search for self-enlargement’: Populism, pragmatism, and the aesthetics of collective self-making (revised) .
- (2022). ‘A search for purity or a search for self-enlargement’: Populism, pragmatism, and the aesthetics of collective self-making.
- (2022). Practising Philosophy in a Literary Spirit: Rorty’s Rejection of Metaphysics. IAI (Institute of Art and Ideas).
- (2022). Populism as universalism: why populist identity-making depends on a commitment to metaphysics.
- (2022). Literature must be an unsettling force for democracies .
- (2022). Consequences of Poeticism: Imagining a Culture whose Public Rhetoric is Ironist.
- (2022). A critical difference. The potential of a Rortyan critical pragmatism alive to Sarah Ahmed’s transformative practices.
- (2021). The Takeover by a Literary Culture: Richard Rorty’s Philosophy of Literature.