- Phone+47 478 92 554
- Visitor AddressDept of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital5020 BergenRoom3010 TEL 55975263
- Postal AddressPostboks 78045020 Bergen
My research aim is to characterize and better understand the major signaling pathways involved in endocrine disease, specifically diabetes development and adreno-gonadal development, by studying developing cells differentiated from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) generated from families with monogenic disease or other patients with adreno-gonadal conditions.
I teach pediatric topics to medical students, including lectures and bedside teaching. My lectures include Growth and Puberty Disorders (MED12) and Intoxication and Fluid Therapy (MED9) (Department of Clinical Science).
I also teach metabolic diseases for Nutrition students (NUC352, Department of Clinical Medicine).
I also contribute to teaching in Master Courses (BMED330; Department of Biomedicine).
I also lead two Elective Courses at the Medical Faculty (Department of Clinical Science):
ELMED303 (Future Medicine)
ELMED223 (Innovation and Entrepeneurship)
I also organize and teach pediatric residents at the Course in Pediatric Endocrinology with topics including Calcium metabolism and case demonstrations.
- (2022). Spatial Environment Affects HNF4A Mutation-Specific Proteome Signatures and Cellular Morphology in hiPSC-Derived β-Like Cells. Diabetes. 862-869.
- (2022). MicroRNAs in Differentiation of Embryoid Bodies and the Teratoma Subtype of Testicular Cancer. Cancer Genomics & Proteomics. 178-193.
- (2022). Human organotypic airway and lung organoid cells of bronchiolar and alveolar differentiation are permissive to infection by influenza and SARS-CoV-2 respiratory virus. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology. 1-23.
- (2022). Abnormal exocrine–endocrine cell cross-talk promotes β-cell dysfunction and loss in MODY8. Nature Metabolism. 76-89.
- (2022). A national intercalated medical student research program–student perceptions, satisfaction, and factors associated with pursuing a PhD. Medical Education Online. 9 pages.
- (2021). KRAS mutation analysis by droplet digital PCR of duodenal juice from patients with MODY8 and other pancreatic diseases. Pancreatology (Print). 1460-1465.
- (2021). Induction of alveolar and bronchiolar phenotypes in human lung organoids. Physiological Reports.
- (2021). Glucose during in vitro pancreatic beta cells regeneration: friends or for?
- (2021). Chronically elevated exogenous glucose elicits antipodal effects on the proteome signature of differentiating human ipsc-derived pancreatic progenitors. International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
- (2021). 402.2: High Glucose Concentration Increases KATP Channel Activity but Suppresses Mitochondrial Respiration Ability in Insulin-producing Cells Regenerated From Stem Cells. Transplantation. S27-S27.
- (2020). Leptin receptor signaling regulates protein synthesis pathways and neuronal differentiation in pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cell Reports. 1067-1079.
- (2020). Encapsulation boosts islet-cell signature in differentiating human induced pluripotent stem cells via integrin signalling . Scientific Reports. 1-16.
- (2020). Bioinformatic analyses of miRNA-mRNA signature during hiPSC differentiation towards insulin-producing cells upon HNF4α mutation. Biomedicines. 1-20.
- (2019). The effect of WnT pathway modulators on human iPSC-derived pancreatic beta cell maturation. Frontiers in Endocrinology. 1-13.
- (2019). Reprogrammed cells display distinct proteomic signaturesAssociated with colony morphology variability. Stem Cells International. 1-16.
- (2019). In vivo hyperglycemia exposure elicits distinct period-dependent effects on human pancreatic progenitor differentiation, conveyed by oxidative stress. Acta Physiologica. 1-16.
- (2019). HNF4A haploinsufficiency in MODY1 abrogates liver and pancreas differentiation from patient-derived induced pluripotent stem cells. iScience. 192-205.
- (2019). Encapsulation boosts islet-cell signature in differentiating human induced pluripotent stem cells via integrin signalling. bioRxiv - the preprint server for biology.
- (2019). Dynamic proteome profiling of human pluripotent stem cell-derived pancreatic progenitors. Stem Cells. 542-555.
- (2019). Diabetes relief in mice by glucose-sensing insulin-secreting human α-cells. Nature. 43-48.
- (2018). The role of the carboxyl ester lipase (CEL) gene in pancreatic disease. Pancreatology (Print). 12-19.
- (2018). Springboard to an academic career - A national medical student research program. PLOS ONE. 1-8.
- (2017). Probing the missing mature β-cell proteomic landscape in differentiating patient iPSC-derived cells. Scientific Reports. 1-14.
- (2017). Anatomy and evolution of database search engines—a central component of mass spectrometry based proteomic workflows. Mass spectrometry reviews (Print). 292-306.
- (2016). Using Proteomics Bioinformatics Tools and Resources in Proteogenomic Studies. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 65-75.
- (2016). Systemic Analysis of Regulated Functional Networks. Methods in molecular biology. 287-310.
- (2016). Hereditary hypophosphatemia in Norway: A retrospective population-based study of genotypes, phenotypes, and treatment complications. European Journal of Endocrinology (EJE). 125-136.
- (2016). Exploring the potential of public proteomics data. Proteomics. 214-225.
- (2016). Early Developmental Perturbations in a Human Stem Cell Model of MODY5/HNF1B Pancreatic Hypoplasia. Stem Cell Reports. 357-367.
- (2015). The chromosome 9p21 CVD- and T2D-associated regions in a Norwegian population (the HUNT2 survey). International Journal of Endocrinology. 9 pages.
- (2014). Long-term clinical outcome and phenotypic variability in hyperphosphatemic familial tumoral calcinosis and hyperphosphatemic hyperostosis syndrome caused by a novel GALNT3 mutation; case report and review of the literature. BMC Genetics.
- (2014). Carboxyl-ester lipase maturity-onset diabetes of the young is associated with development of pancreatic cysts and upregulated MAPK signaling in secretin-stimulated duodenal fluid. Diabetes. 259-269.
- (2014). Carboxyl-ester lipase maturity-onset diabetes of the young disease protein biomarkers in secretin-stimulated duodenal juice. Journal of Proteome Research. 521-530.
- (2013). Severe pancreatic dysfunction but compensated nutritional status in monogenic pancreatic disease caused by carboxyl-ester lipase mutations. Pancreas. 1078-1084.
- (2013). Monogenetic diabetes mellitus in Norway :. Norsk Epidemiologi. 55-60.
- (2013). Exome sequencing reveals FAM20c mutations associated with fibroblast growth factor 23-related hypophosphatemia, dental anomalies, and ectopic calcification. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research. 1378-1385.
- (2013). Exocrine pancreatic function in hepatocyte nuclear factor 1 beta-maturity-onset diabetes of the young (HNF1B-MODY) is only moderately reduced: compensatory hypersecretion from a hypoplastic pancreas. Diabetic Medicine. 946-955.
- (2013). Derivation of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells from Patients with Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 5353-5356.
- (2013). Absence of diabetes and pancreatic exocrine dysfunction in a transgenic model of carboxyl-ester lipase-MODY (Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the young). PLOS ONE. 11 pages.
- (2012). The role of pancreatic imaging in monogenic diabetes mellitus. Nature Reviews Endocrinology. 148-159.
- (2012). Skreddersydd medisin eller narsissomikk? Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1844-1845.
- (2012). HNF1B mutation in a Turkish child with renal and exocrine pancreas insufficiency, diabetes and liver disease. Pediatric Diabetes. e1-e5.
- (2011). The role of pancreatic imaging in monogenic diabetes. Nature Reviews Endocrinology.
- (2011). Evaluation of four novel genetic variants affecting hemoglobin A1c levels in a population-based type 2 diabetes cohort (the HUNT2 study). BMC Medical Genetics. 6 pages.
- (2011). Diabetes and pancreatic exocrine dysfunction due to mutations in the carboxyl ester lipase gene-maturity onset diabetes of the young (CEL-MODY) A PROTEIN MISFOLDING DISEASE. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 34593-34605.
- (2011). A large multi-centre European study validates high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP) as a clinical biomarker for the diagnosis of diabetes subtypes. Diabetologia. 2801-2810.
- (2010). Polygenic risk variants for Type 2 Diabetes susceptibility modify age at diagnosis in Monogenic HNF1A Diabetes. Diabetes. 266-271.
- (2010). Pancreatic Function in Carboxyl-Ester Lipase Knockout Mice. Pancreatology (Print). 467-476.
- (2010). Mutations in the VNTR of the carboxyl-ester lipase gene (CEL) are a rare cause of monogenic diabetes. Human Genetics. 55-64.
- (2010). Fremskritt innen diabetesgenetikk. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 1145-1149.
- (2008). X-bundet hypofosfatemisk rakitt: Ny kunnskap om patofysiologi, behandling og oppfølging. Pediatrisk Endokrinologi. 70-78.
- (2008). Structural changes in the repeated region of the carboxyl-ester lipase (CEL) gene and the development of diabetes. Diabetologia. S123-S123.
- (2008). Reduced pancreatic volume in hepatocyte nuclear factor 1A-maturity-onset diabetes of the young. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism (JCEM). 3505-3509.
- (2008). Prevalence of HNF1A (MODY3) mutations in a Norwegian population (the HUNT2 Study). Diabetic Medicine. 775-781.
- (2008). Pancreatic Exocrine Dysfunction in Maturity-Onset Diabetes of the Young Type 3. Diabetes Care. 306-310.
- (2008). Neurological features and enzyme therapy in patients with endocrine and exocrine pancreas dysfunction due to CEL mutations. Diabetes Care. 1738-1740.
- (2008). Mutations in the insulin gene can cause MODY and autoantibody-negative type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 1131-1135.
- (2008). Lack of pancreatic body and tail in HNF1B mutation carriers. Diabetic Medicine. 782-787.
- (2008). Genetic analysis of recently identified type 2 diabetes loci in 1,638 unselected patients with type 2 diabetes and 1,858 control participants from a Norwegian population-based cohort (the HUNT study). Diabetologia. 971-977.
- (2008). Diagnostic screening of MODY2/GCK mutations in the Norwegian MODY Registry. Pediatric Diabetes. 442-449.
- (2008). A case of X-linked hypophosphatemic rickets: complications and the therapeutic use of cinacalcet. European Journal of Endocrinology (EJE). 101-105.
- (2007). Studies in 3,523 Norwegians and meta-analysis in 11,571 subjects indicate that variants in the hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 alpha (HNF4A) P2 region are associated with type 2 diabetes in Scandinavians. Diabetes. 3112-3117.
- (2007). Pancreatic lipomatosis is a structural marker in nondiabetic children with mutations in carboxyl-Ester lipase. Diabetes. 444-449.
- (2007). Pancreatic exocrine deficiency is common in MODY 3. Diabetologia. S123-S123.
- (2006). Ny type diabetes. Diabetesforum. 20-21.
- (2006). Novel monogenic causes of diabetes and pancreatic exocrine dysfunction.
- (2006). Mutations in the CEL VNTR cause a syndrome of diabetes and pancreatic exocrine dysfunction. Nature Genetics. 54-62.
- (2006). A hepatocyte nuclear factor-4 alpha gene (HNF4A) P2 promoter haplotype linked with late-onset diabetes - Studies of HNF4A variants in the Norwegian MODY registry. Diabetes. 1899-1903.
- (2005). Molekylærgenetisk diagnostikk ved diabetes mellitus. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. 2968-2972.
- (2004). Permanent neonatal diabetes due to mutations in KCNJ11 encoding Kir6.2 - Patient characteristics and initial response to sulfonylurea therapy. Diabetes. 2713-2718.
- (2002). Klinisk molekylærmedisin:DNA-sekvensering. Pediatrisk Endokrinologi. 51-56.
- (1996). Unchanged 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure during short-term salt restriction and salt repletion in normotensive subjects. Blood Pressure Monitoring. 39-44.