Marte Bjørk primarily works with population-based studies on people with neurological diseases. She investigates among other how a mother’s epilepsy affects pregnancy, birth and child development. She is also involved in research on the underlying causes of migraine attacks through the use of neurophysiological methods.
Main supervisor for 2 PhD candidates in neuroepidemiology. Bedside teaching of medical students in the field of clinical neurology.
- Marte Bjørk, Gyri Veiby, Simone F. Reiter, Jan Ø. Berle, Anne Kjersti Daltveit, Olav Spigset, Bernt A, Engelsen, Nils Erik Gilhus.Depression and anxiety in women with epilepsy during pregnancy and after delivery: a prospective population-based cohort study on frequency, risk factors, medication, and prognosis. Epilepsia. 2015;56(1):28-39.
- Eivind Kolstad, Nils Erik Gilhus, Gyri Veiby, Simone F. Reiter, Morten I. Lossius, Marte Helene Bjørk. Epilepsy and eating disorders during pregnancy: Prevalence, complications and birth outcome. Seizure. 2015 May;28:81-4
- Marte Bjørk, Gyri Veiby, Bernt A. Engelsen, Nils Erik Gilhus. Depression and anxiety during pregnancy and the postpartum period in women with epilepsy; a review of frequency, risks and recommendations for treatment. Seizure. 2015;28:33-39.Review.
- Morten Engstrøm, Knut Hagen, Marte Bjørk, Lars Jacob Stovner, Marit Stjern, Trond Sand.Sleep quality, arousal and pain thresholds in tension-type headache. A blinded controlled polysomnographic study. Cephalalgia 2014;34(6):455-63
- Marte Bjørk, Knut Hagen, Lars Jacob Stovner, Trond Sand. Photic EEG-driving responses related to ictal phases and trigger sensitivity in migraine: a longitudinal, controlled study. Cephalalgia 2011; 31:444-455
Born in 1980. Partner, 3 children.
Education: Cand med 2007. Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Department of Neuroscience (INM), Norway, Trondheim (NTNU).
PhD in Neuroscience, NTNU 2011. The PhD dissertation concerned brain rhythms’ relevance for understanding migraine attack-initiating mechanisms.
From 2010 resident doctor at the Department of Neurology, Haukeland University Hospital, and 50 % position as postdoc at the Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen since 2012.
Link to page at Researchgate.