I am a postdoctoral research fellow within the PETROMAKS II DeepRift project and my work focusses on the evolution and characterisation of deep-water and deltaic sedimentary systems within active rift basins. My research integrates aspects of geomorphology and palaeoclimate with tectonics and process sedimentology to understand modern and ancient rift systems and the complex arrangement and character of their stratigraphy. My PhD from the University of Leeds, UK (part of the PETROMAKS II Syn-Rift Systems Project) characterised exhumed deep-water sedimentary systems of the Corinth Rift, Greece. As well as continuining my research in the Corinth Rift, I am now focussed on the deep-water syn-rift systems of the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
- 2021. Deep-water syn-rift stratigraphy as archives of Early-Mid Pleistocene palaeoenvironmental signals and controls on sediment delivery . Frontiers in Earth Science.
- TM Cullen, REL Collier, RL Gawthorpe, DM Hodgson, BJ Barrett 2020. Axial and transverse deep‐water sediment supply to syn‐rift fault terraces: Insights from the West Xylokastro Fault Block, Gulf of Corinth, Greece. Basin Research 32 (5), 1115-1149
- DE Tek, M Poyatos-Moré, M Patacci, AD McArthur, L Colombera, TM Cullen, WD McCaffrey 2020. Syndepositional tectonics and mass-transport deposits control channelized bathymetrically complex deep-water systems (Ainsa Depocenter, Spain) Journal of Sedimentary Research 90, 729-762
- BJ Barrett, RE Ll Collier, DM Hodgson, RL Gawthorpe, RM Dorrell, TM Cullen 2019. Quantifying faulting and base level controls on syn‐rift sedimentation using stratigraphic architectures of coeval, adjacent Early‐Middle Pleistocene fan deltas in Lake Corinth, Greece Basin Research. 31 (6), 1040-1065
- BJ Barrett, RL Gawthorpe, REL Collier, DM Hodgson, TM Cullen 2019. Syn-rift delta interfan successions: Archives of sedimentation and basin evolution. The Depositional Record 6 (1), 117-143
- TM Cullen, REL Collier, RL Gawthorpe, DM Hodgson, H Kranis 2019. Deepwater syn-rift stratigraphic heterogeneity: An integrated core and outcrop analogue from the Gulf of Corinth, Greece. 81st EAGE Conference and Exhibition 2019 Conference Proceedings
- TM Cullen, REL Collier, RL Gawthorpe, DM Hodgson, Deep-Water sedimentation and stratigraphic evolution of the West Xylokastro Fault Block of the Plio-Pleistocene Corinth Rift, Greece: Implications for syn-rift reservoir distribution. AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 20-23, 2018