Research presentation from 2016
Dear Researchers from the Department of Clinical Medicine (K1), Department of Clinical Science (K2) and Helse-Bergen. You are hereby invited to present your work to fellow researchers and the general audience.
If you have presented a poster or had an oral presentation at a scientific meeting or a conference in 2017, you are welcome to submit your work. You can submit one contribution, either an abstract (i.e. poster) or an oral presentation.
Poster exhibition, January 23-27, 2017
* We will make a banner with all posters printed on, so we do not need the original poster.
* Posters should be submitted as PDF-files. Please check the quality thoroughly before you submit your poster.
* A “poster round”, where the researchers give a short presentation of the poster to the scientific committee (2-3 min including questions from the scientific committee), will be held on Wednesday January 25.
Oral presentations, January 26, 2017
* 10 minutes for each oral presentation + 5 minutes for discussion.
* Please bring your PowerPoint presentation on an USB stick.
* Oral presentations held at meetings in the past year can be presented in their original form, but given that the audience will be a general medical one, it may be wise to include some additional background information.
* Note: Due to time limitations, there will be a limit of 20 oral presentations. Only the first 20 to submit their oral presentations will be able to participate.
A scientific committee appointed by the Research School will evaluate all presentations held by PhD students. Prizes will be awarded to the three best oral and poster presentations respectively. Building on last years success, we will also this year have a “People’s Favorite Presentation Award”.
Send your file to:
Please, send the abstract you submitted to the conference or congress in a Word-file in addition to send the poster in a PDF-file. Mark the file and your mail’s subject with your last name followed by your first name and the affiliation you have (K1, K2 or Helse-Bergen). Specify whether you submit a Poster or an Oral presentation.
As in previous years, we would like to have a short “Norwegian summary” which is easy to understand for a general audience.
Deadline for submission: 1st of December 2016.
If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact us at the e-mail address provided above.