Winners of the Research Presentations from 2015
The final day of the Research presentations from 2015 was ended with a ceremony at the Foyer, Sentralblokken, Haukeland University Hospital
PhD candidates and other researchers affiliated to the clinical departments at the University of Bergen (K1 and K2) or Haukeland University Hospital have presented their research. This year there were 42 posters and 15 oral presentations on the event. The three best poster presentations and oral presentations was selected among all the good contributions by the committee consisting of the Professors: Karen Rosendahl, August Bakke, Birgitta Åsjø, Hans Peter Marti, Olav Dahl and researcher Lise B Gundersen. Both the scientific content and the presentation skills have been some of the criteria to find the winners.
Winners of oral presentations:
1. Simon Dankel (K2): «Genetic Influence on Energy Metabolism and Thermogenesis»
2. Grethe Åstrøm Ueland: «Does measurement of serum–dexamethasone increase diagnostic ac¬curacy of the overnight DXM suppression test in the diagnostic workup of hypercortisolism? »
3. Johnny Laupsa-Borg: «Very-high-fat and low-fat isocaloric diets exert similar metabolic be¬nefits but different temporal effects on cardiometabolic risk markers»
Winners of poster presentations:
1. Anna Berg: «Tissue and imaging biomarkers for hypoxia predicts poor outcome in endometrial cancer»
2. Melissa Davidsen Jørstad: «Improved diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis by antigen detection in extrapulmonary samples by immunochemistry-based assay»
3. Bente Frisk: «Peak oxygen uptake and breathing pattern in COPD patients - a four year longitudinal study»
New of this year was the «People’s favorite award» which was based on votes from the public. The poster winner of this award was Kjersti Oterhals and the oral presentation winner was Grethe Åstrøm Ueland.
We congratulate all the winners!