Information to student advisers
On this page you will find information for student advisers that are helping students with special needs in their study situation.
Special needs arrangements during studies
Studying abroad with a disability
It is a national goal that all students should have international competence and experience. UiB believes that it is both desirable and possible to facilitate foreign studies for students with disabilities.
Special arrangements for examinations
Which special arrangements students are granted on school examinations depends on the individual's documented needs. The need must be documented by a doctor, psychologist or similar.
It is the Division of Student and Academic Affairs that processes applications for special arrangements for school examinations, and answers to questions related to this. Special arrangements that are granted for the examination, will be registered in FS (Felles studentsystem), the system for study administration at UiB - under the «student vurdering samlebilde» in the drop-down menu, then look under the tab «person tilpasninger».
Sammen - The student welfare organisation
- Nav Assistive Technology and Adaptations (NAV Hjelpemiddelsentral)
- The Norwegian Library of Talking Books and Braille (NLB)
Laws and regulations. What is UiB required to do?
- § 4-3 (2i) emphasizes that the learning environment is designed according to the principles of universal design
- § 4-3 (5) states that the institution shall, as far as possible and reasonable, facilitate the study situation for students with special needs and, in addition, that the facilitation shall not lead to a reduction of the academic requirements set for the individual study programme.
Act relating to equality and a prohibition against discrimination (Equality and anti-discrimination act)
- Section 2, § 6 Prohibition against discrimination states that direct and indirect discrimination on the grounds of disability is prohibited.
- Section 3, § 17 Universal design states that public undertakings (UiB) and private undertakings focused on the general public have a duty to ensure that their general functions have a universal design.
- Section 3, § 21 Right to individual accommodation of pupils and students states that students have the right to suitable individual facilitation at the learning institution place of study, teaching, teaching aids and exams to ensure equal training and educational opportunities.
- Kapittel 5 Undervisning, § 5.6 Tilrettelagt undervisning
- Kapittel 6 Vurdering, § 6.13 Særskilt tilrettelegging ved vurdering
- Kapittel 4 Opptak og utdanningsplan, § 4.5.1 Deltidsstudier