[Webinar] "The greenest city in Norway"
Due to the covid-19 situation in Bergen, this seminar will be digital. Are Børjesson and Elisabeth Sørheim from the new Agency of Climate at Bergen commune will speak about how to reach the climate goals.
Due to the covid-19 situation in Bergen, this seminar will be digital.
Are Børjesson and Elisabeth Sørheim from the new Agency of Climate at Bergen commune will speak about how to reach the climate goals.
Abstract: Abstract: The city government of Bergen has an ambition to be a fossil-free city in 2030. With only 10 years to go there is a lot to do. Green strategy is Bergens climate and energy action plan that describes how Bergen shall be a driving force towards fossil free transportation, fossil free heating, fossil free waste management and a fossil free harbour. A climate budget was implemented in 2018 to make climate a part of the management system in the city. There is an increased focus on data and an insight that there is along way to go and radical measures are needed to reach the goals and a new Climate strategy is in the making.In this meeting you will be given an insight on how the new Agency for Climate will address these goals and make them happen.
Elisabeth Sørheim is an advisor at the Agency for Climate in Bergen kommune. Her primary responsibilities are the work with Green strategy, the roadmap to a fossil free city In 2030. Currently one of her responsibilities are to update and develop a new Climate strategy for Bergen.
Are Børjesson is an advisor to Bergen municipality, the climate section. His primary responsibilities are to work with the Green strategy of Bergen, the roadmap to a fossils fuels free city in 2030. Are is responsible for introducing and developing climate budgeting as an innovative management tool in the municipality.
The webinar will be held Tuesday 3rd November from 12:15 to 13:00 (we open the "doors" in Zoom at 12:00).As always, it is free and open to all interested parties, so join us for an interesting presentation followed by a Q&A session.
Guidelines for our virtual seminars:
- Link to join the webinar: https://uib.zoom.us/j/68731106690?pwd=RE02M3Z1WEl6b1RZNTI4Y3VmYmJWZz09
- "Doors open" at 12:00. From 12:00-12:15 you will be able to present yourself and be introduced to the rest of the participants.
- After 12:15 and whenever you are not speaking please mute your microphone, as this can disturb others.
- If you have a comment or a question please use the chat function (speech bubble on the options panel) to signal you have a question.
- The moderator will introduce you when it is your turn to ask a question – Remember to unmute your microphone!