My PhD project Decarbonising Knowledge? Towards Carbon Neutral Agriculture in Norway and Costa Rica investigates ways of knowing in times of altering ecologies. It does so by taking a comparative approach to explore processes of transformation within the agricultural sectors in Norway and Costa Rica. Both countries aspire to decarbonize agriculture (i.e., make carbon neutral) and they currently promote soil as having the potential to capture and store CO2 emissions. By focusing on soil as a key dimension, my project asks; what implications do efforts to decarbonize agriculture have for the knowledges that go into doing and managing agriculture in Norway and Costa Rica? And how is soil actualized across different knowledge registers in this aspired transition?
The project is inspired by, and a further development of, my MA project. The latter explored the relationship between visualism, practice, and knowledge in context of ecological alteration, through the specific case of the coffee leaf rust disease.
- 2020. Standardizing responsibility through the stakeholder figure Norwegian hydropower in Turkey. Focaal: Journal of Global and Historical Anthropology. 58-75.
- 2020. Bringing the State back in. Corporate Social Responsibility and the paradoxes of Norwegian state capitalism in the international energy sector. Focaal: Journal of Global and Historical Anthropology. 1-21.
- 2019. Becoming 'Wild' at the Intersection of Knowledges: Coffee Rust Crisis in Costa Rica. Ethnos. 1-21.
- 2020. Decarbonising/decolonising knowledge?
- 2020. 'Decarbonising' Knowledge? Ways of Knowing in Times of Altering Ecologies.
- 2020. Hvor ble det av samfunnsansvaret? Dagens næringsliv.
- 2020. Infrastructures of circulation.
Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
2020. [co-authored with Ståle Knudsen and Ingrid Birce Müftüoğlu]. "Standardizing responsibility through the stakeholder figure. Norwegian hydropower in Turkey". Focaal Journal of Global and Historical Anthropology, 88: 58-75 .
2020. [co-authored with Ståle Knudsen, Dinah Rajak & Siri Lange]. "Bringing the state back in. Corporate social responsibility and the paradoxes of Norwegian state capitalsm in the international energy sector". Focaal Journal of Global and Historical Anthropology, 88: 1-21.
2019. [co-authored with Cecilie V. Ødegaard]. "Becoming 'Wild’ at the Intersection of Knowledges: Coffee Rust Crisis in Costa Rica". Ethnos Journal of Anthropology.
Popular Scientific Articles
2020. [co-authored with Ståle Knudsen]. "Hvor ble det av samfunnsansvaret?". Dagens Næringsliv. 08.01.2020.
2016. “‘Before There Were No Diseases’. Perceiving the Coffee Rust Epidemic at the Intersection of Knowledge Systems”. [Master thesis]. University of Bergen, Norway.
Research Assistant for the following projects: