Jan Reinert Karlsen
Associate Professor, academic coordinator for Major Issues in Research and Society and leader of Research Group Theory of Science
- Phone+47 55 58 96 65
- Visitor AddressParkveien 95007 BergenRoom208
- Postal AddressPostboks 78055020 Bergen
I am currently working on four research topics:
- The concept of suffering
- Philosophy of severe chronic neurological diseases
- Philosophy of cognitive neuroscience
- Interdisciplinarity in teaching and learning
Major Questions in Research and Society
- The human being: Nature and culture (VIT210)
- Global health: Ethics, politics, and human rights (VIT211)
- Climate: What do we know? What should we do? (VIT212)
- The many cultures at the university (VIT213)
- The Norwegian Constitution: What is it? How ought it to be? (VIT214)
- Displacing humanity: Knowledge status and options for action (VIT215)
- Artificial Intelligence: Visions, Realities and Future Consequences (VIT216)
PhD obligatory course in Research Design, Methods, Ethics and Philosophy of Science (PS901)
- (2019). Thoughts in Progress: Field Notes from Norway. 103-105. In:
- (2019). Thought Work. Thinking, Action, and the Fate of the World. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- (2017). Svar til Skodvin. Morgenbladet.
- (2017). Studiebarometeret som kunnskapsform og samfunnsfenomen. Nytt Norsk Tidsskrift. 7-19.
- (2017). Studentenes stemme? Morgenbladet.
- (2017). Hjernen gjør motstand. Le Monde Diplomatique.
- Neuro-SysMed, A centre for clinical treatment research on neurological diseases
- Communicating Cognitive Decline: Language Games and Tactile Objects (CCD): An innovation project that will be testing a tactile and visual toolkit that aims to make the illness-experience of those living with cognitive decline more visible.