Music and the nervous system, central, peripheral and social
Multi-modal sensory and cognitive processes in communication
Interdisciplinary communication and interaction
Improvisation and meaning
Music therapy and neurorehabilitation
- 2019. Imagining Something Else: A Queer Essay. Voices: A World Forum for Music Therapy. 26 pages.
- 2015. In visible hands: The matter and making of music therapy. The Journal of music therapy. 487-514.
- 2013. Improvisation and meaning. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. 65-74.
- 2013. Converging reflections on music therapy with children and adolescents: A collaborative seminar on diverse areas of music therapy practice and research. Voices: A World Forum for Music Therapy.
- 2009. A reference standard bibliography: Music therapy with children who have experienced traumatic brain injury. Music and Medicine (Nedlagt 2013). 129-139.
- 2008. The silent epidemic of road traffic injury: What can music therapists do about it? Voices: A World Forum for Music Therapy.
- 2019. Music therapy and Aphasia.
- 2019. Materializing Care: An introduction.
- 2019. Horizontal and Vertical Research development.
- 2019. A Dialogical Creative Practice Immersion: Co-constitution and Inseparability.
- 2018. Challenges and possibilities for musical knowledge transmission, learning and education between music disciplines.
- 2014. The art of scientific writing: Preparing manuscripts and surviving peer review.
- 2013. The art of scientific writing: Preparing manuscripts for journal submission and surviving the peer review process.
- 2015. Musikkterapi og afasi (Music therapy and aphasia).
- 2018. The In Visible Society: Devices of acknowledging visible and invisible practices of sounding.
- 2018. In/separability and Music: A quantum narrative of learning and teaching.
- 2018. Improvised songs in clinical settings: An illustration-supported recall method.
- 2018. A quantum analysis of improvised song creation.
- 2018. A quantum analysis of an improvised song in music therapy.
- 2017. Researching the music therapy process: Matter, making and methods.
- 2017. Music. Matter. Making: Toward a music therapy beyond the human.
- 2017. Knowing/Communicating the clinical process of music therapy practice: Illustrative Approaches.
- 2017. Just for the record: Quantum anarchy plus colonial inscription in arts focused research.
- 2017. In audible movements: on the edges of perception and beyond.
- 2017. Critically evolving: Current trends in arts-based research in music therapy.
- 2016. Unruly multiplicity: Interdisciplinary rehabilitation and the undisciplined nature of human illness and care.
- 2016. Inscription devising and the in/separability of musical materials.
- 2016. Clinical application of music therapy in neurorehabilitation.
- 2015. Music therapy, matter and embodied practice in medical education.
- 2015. Intra-Weaving: Meeting through the motions of making.
- 2013. Musikk, terapi og nevrologiske sykdommer.
- 2013. Keynote presentation: Navigation and Sounding: Fundamental modes of being: sensing creative music practices.
- 2012. Imaging and sensing - Convergence of basic and applied research and practice with music, music therapy and the brain.
- 2018. Fanfare for the In Visible Society.
- 2013. Music therapy in principle and practice. Music Education Research. 251-253.
- 2012. Music therapy education and training: from theory to practice, by Karen D. Goodman. Springfield: Charles C Thomas Publisher, 2011, 324 pp. ISBN: 978-0398-08609-1. Nordisk tidsskrift for musikkterapi. 197-198.
- 2011. Forms of Vitality: Exploring Dynamic Experience in Psychology, the Arts, Psychotherapy, and Development. Nordisk tidsskrift for musikkterapi. 263-264.
- 2015. International perspectives in music therapy education and training: Adapting to a changing world. Charles C. Thomas Publisher Ltd..
- 2008. Music therapy and traumatic brain injury: A light on a dark night.
- 2013. Guidelines for Music Therapy Practice in Adult Medical Care.
- 2016. Music therapy and Traumatic Brain Injury. 22 pages.
- 2015. In the light of day: A real-world perspective on childhood severe traumatic brain injury and music therapy during early neurosurgical rehabilitation. 10 pages.
- 2015. Exploring Resistance and Change in Music Therapy Learning for Students and Educators. 22 pages.
- 2013. Adults with Stroke. 31 pages.
- 2013. Exploring potentials for the use of music and music therapy in antenatal care: A review and discussion. Journal of the Irish Association of Creative Arts Therapists.
Book: Gilbertson, S. & Aldridge, D. (2008). Music therapy and traumatic brain injury: A light on a dark night. London, Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
Dr. rer. medic. (PhD, Faculty of Medicine, University of Witten/Herdecke)
Diploma in Music Therapy (Nordoff Robbins/City University)
Diplom Musikterapeut (University of Witten/Herdecke)
State Registered Music Therapist (Health Professions Council, UK)
In Visible Hands: An arts-based research project investigating the meaning given to embodiment in music therapy practice using sculpture and qualitative analysis of therapist's narratives on the use and meaning of their hands in music therapy.
In Audible Movements: A multidisciplinary collaborative research project investigating interrelations between physical movement and musical structures in multidisciplinary music improvisation. Study uses multiple high definition cameras and Noldus Observer XT data capture and analysis software.
Music therapy implementation in medical contexts: An international collaboration between Grieg Academy Music Therapy Research Centre (GAMUT) and Leeds Institute of Medical Education (LIME)