Torbjørn is a PhD student at our lab funded by the Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen. He has a master degree in Medical Cell Biology and is scheduled for dissertation of his PhD in 2020.
- Cerebellum Gordon Research congress, Lewiston, Maine, USA.
- European Society of Neuroimmunology (ESNI) congress, Venice, Italy.
- Advanced Live Cell Imaging course, Center for Advanced Bioimaging, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Ultracentrifugtaion course by Beckman Coulter, University of Bergen, Norway.
- European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST) meeting, Ion Channels and Immune Response toward a global understanding of immune cell physiology and for new therapeutic approaches (IONCHAN-IMMUNRESPON), Lisbon, Portugal.
- Neural Stem Cells: Development and Brain Repair course, Neuroscience School of Advanced Studies (NSAS), Florence, Italy.
- International Society of Neuroimmunology (ISNI) congress, Mainz, Germany.
- Confocal microscopy course at the Molecular Imaging Center (MIC), University of Bergen, Norway.
Onconeural autoantibodies associated with neurodegeneration.
Subcellular localization of cerebellar degeneration-related protein (CDR) 2 and 2L (CDR2 and CDR2L) and their function in:
- Cancer cells
- Purkinje neurons
Publications of T. Kråkenes (coming soon)
Genetics: Vector design, cloning, plasmid production, DNA extraction (genotyping), quantitative reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR), gene transfer (transfection).
Molecular biology: Protein extraction, subcellular fractionation, immunohistochemistry (Western blot, co-immunoprecipitation, DUO-link, immunofluorescence).
Cell physiology: Neuronal cell culture (cerebellar and hippocampal neuron culture, organotypic slice culture), cancer cell lines and stem cells.
Microscopy: Superresolution microscopy, confocal microscopy, electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, widefield microscopy.
Animal handling: Rodents (rats, mice).
Information technology: BioEdit, SerialCloner, ImageJ, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Imaris, Microsoft Office, homepage/Facebook/Instagram/logo design.