Arthur Stinchcombe's contribution to sociology and social science
Arthur L Stinchcombe willl be presented with an honorary doctorate of the University of Bergen on Friday 5 May. The day before, Thursday 4 May, there will be a seminar on his contributions to sociology and social science.
- Seminar opening: Dean Knut Helland, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Gudmund Hernes: Introduction and overview on Arthur Stinchcombe's contribution to the social sciences.
- Knud Knudsen, on the acticle: «Environment: The cumulation of effect is yet to be understood», Harvard Educational Review, 1969.
- Arne Selvik, on the article «University administration of research space and teaching loads. Managers who do not know what their workers are doing».
- Jan Erik Karlsen, on the article «Bureaucratic and craft administration of production: A comparative study». Administrative Science Quarterly, 1959.
- Tom Colbjørnsen, on the book «Creating efficient industrial administration» (1974).
- Gunn Birkelund, on the book «Constructing social theories» (1987).
- Sigmund Grønmo: Summarising the seminar
Moderator will be Ørjar Øyen and the seminar will be held in English.