The Department has four research groups. These groups organise research seminars, student seminars, guest lectures and other activities within their thematic fields:
- Politics, Governance and Innovation
- Knowledge, Politics and Organizations
- Political Organization and Multilevel Governance
- Globalization and Development
Reforming the welfare state
The project Reforming the welfare state: Accountability, democracy and management will run from 2011 and throughout 2014, and is located at the Uni Rokkan Centre in Bergen. The project is financed by the Norwegian Research Council through the VAM programme, and it is headed by Professor Per Lægreid.
The COCOPS project (Coordinating for Cohesion in the Public Sector of the Future) seeks to comparatively and quantitatively assess the impact of New Public Management-style reforms in European countries, drawing on a team of European public administration scholars from 11 universities in 10 countries.
Administration and Organization Theory is the comparative analysis of politics, administration, and organization. The field is political science and it is founded on political and social theories. Emphasis is placed on developing insight and knowledge in a) the relationship between organization and individual, and b) the relationship between organization and environment.
New article by Tom Christensen, Anne Lise Fimreite, and Per Lægreid in Public Organization Review.
PhD Candidate Ole Andreas Danielsen won the EGPA PhD Symposium best paper award.
Per Lægreid, Åsta Dyrnes Nordø and Lise H. Rykkja presents national report for Norway connected to the survey of public managers in the COCOPS project (WP3)
Interview with professor Per Lægreid where he talks about coordination in the public sector and the COCOPS project.
Our new post doctor Hogne Lerøy Sataøen with a new article in Scandinavian Journal of Management together with Arild Wæraas.
- Danielsen winner of EGPA Best Paper Award (11.06.2013)
- Professor Paul G. Roness (1951-2013) (21.05.2013)
- Congratulations to our students (04.04.2013)
- Benefits and Challenges of E-Governance for Service Delivery in Nepal (05.02.2013)
- KPO Informasjonsmøte for masterstudenter 1.2 (01.02.2013)