The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences is one of six faculties at the University of Bergen, and has around 2700 students. Teaching is offered at undergraduate and graduate (M.Sc. and Ph.D.) levels. The Faculty consists of 8 departments, which provide the foundations for its teaching and research activities
The University of Bergen is located in Bergen, the second largest city in Norway.
For the first time simultaneous detection of a terrestrial gamma flash and the optical signal from lightning is presented.
New ERANET Project
Saket Saurabh has been awarded an ERC Starting Grant of 13 million NOK. Saurabh will establish his group at the Department of Informatics, University of Bergen.
Mid May the news arrived that the ESF FP7 Marie Curie Initial Training Network on the Glaciated North Atlantic Margins (GLANAM) has been funded for four years. GEO is the leader of the network and has a leading role in projects focusing on Svalbard and Barents Sea margins
- 12.15 Disputation - Kim Senger
- Bergen Research Foundation scholarship awarded to Bjarte Hannisdal (03.12.2013)
- French vessel Pourquois pas? Cruises the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (02.12.2013)
- Computing the earth from core to clouds (26.11.2013)
- Computing the earth from core to clouds (22.11.2013)
- Students realize need of field sketching skills (21.11.2013)