Biogas – green fuel from organic waste
RENEVO is in the process of building an innovative biogas plant in Stord, Norway, that will produce liquid bio-methane for fuel, and bio-CO2 for industrial use.
Biogas is a mixture of methane and CO2 produced by anaerobic digestion of organic matter in an oxygen-free environment. RENEVO is in the process of building an innovative biogas plant in Stord, Norway, that will produce liquid bio-methane for fuel, and bio-CO2 for industrial use. The gas will be used in heavy transport, buses and in ship traffic. The feedstock for the production is livestock manure and fish silage. There are several CO2-reducing elements embedded in the project, and as a result- the production of biogas is in total better than zero emissions of GHG. The presentation will focus on these CO2-reducing measures.
Lene Pilskog works as a business developer in Renevo and is responsible for documenting climate benefits and sustainability for Renevo's biogas production. Lene has a master's degree from UiB, Administrasjon og organisasjonsvitenskap, and has working experience from development projects both in public and private organizations.
Guidelines for our virtual seminars:
- Link to join the webinar here
- "Doors open" at 12:00. From 12:00-12:15 you will be able to present yourself and be introduced to the rest of the participants.
- After 12:15 and whenever you are not speaking please mute your microphone, as this can disturb others.
- If you have a comment or a question please use the chat function (speech bubble on the options panel) to signal you have a question.
- The moderator will introduce you when it is your turn to ask a question. Remember to unmute your microphone!