Sustainability Science: A Response to Global Challenges
Theoretical and methodological possibilities offered by recent developments in the field of sustainability science.
This open seminar aims to explore theoretical and methodological possibilities offered by recent developments in the field of sustainability science to respond to the major global challenges currently facing humanity.
All are welcome!
Coffee and registration
Representatives of UiB / UNESCO Chair and CROP, ISSC/UiB
Broadening the application of Sustainability Science: UNESCO´s perspective
John Crowley, Chief of Section for Research, Policy and Foresight in the UNESCO Division of Social Transformations and Intercultural Dialogue
Sustainability science: Applications at UiB and beyond
- The potential role of sustainability science in the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development 2021-2030
Peter Haugan, Chair of IOC/UNESCO and Research Director of the Institute of Marine Research.
- Sustainable Science applications in the development of climate services
Noel Keenlyside, Professor GFI / Bjerknes Centre
- Development and Sustainability Science: The challenge of social change
Alberto D. Cimadamore, Director of CROP, ISSC/UiB
Sustainability science and education for sustainable development
- Maik Adomssent, Professor of Behaviour, Communication and Sustainable Development, Leuphana University of Lüneburg, Germany and UNESCO Chair on Higher Education for Sustainable Development
- Lutz Möller (via Skype), Secretary-General of the German National Commission for UNESCO
Organised by CROP and UNESCO Chair at the University of Bergen.