Guest housing is provided as a short-term offer for visiting researchers working at UiB for a short period, as well as a transitional arrangement for international new employees. UiB Guest housing is centrally located on campus and close to the city center.
All guests must comply with Norwegian Government entry regulations at time of arrival. Coronavirus - helsenorge.no
If you have questions you don't find answers to here, please contact email@example.com
Who can book accommodation? The department/UiB unit to which the guest is affiliated does the booking.
When and for how long? Housing is offered for stays from 3 weeks to six months, with maximum 6 months pre-booking. If there is free capacity, and at short notice, other guests at UiB may also apply for housing for 3 weeks to 1 month.
How to book? Book accommodation through our online electronic application form. This is only available thru UiB network or VPN. Billing information must be provided upon booking.
Cancellations must be made more than one month prior to arrival or cancellation fee of one month will apply.
When terminating early a lease a fee might apply.
Presentation of Guest houses
UiB Housing manages 29 bedsits and 13 flats available to rent for guest researchers, international new staff at UiB, and other UiB guests. Our housing is on campus and close to downtown Bergen.
- Allègaten 19/21 offers single occupancy rooms with private baths, and shared kitchen and common facilities. There is 1 room for double occupancy.
- Sydneshaugen 4, 8, 12, 14 offers 11 furnished and equipped flats of various sizes, and 4 single occupancy rooms with bath, shared kitchen and common facilities.
- Villaveien 9 offers 2 high end, fully equipped and furnished, apartments.
- Nygårdsgaten 2a offers 7 rooms with private bath, and shared kitchen and common facilities. The rooms are located on the 3rd floor (4etg) and there is no elevator.
Click here for more information. (uib.no)
For information about keys, invoicing, issues, map and more, click here. (uib.no)
Remember to always clearly mark the mailbox with your name.
Leaving UiB housing
Make sure you have all your personal belongings.
Leave the keycard on the desk/table. For Nygårdsgaten 2a you must make arrangements for drop-off of keys.
Update your address with the following:
National Registry Moving - The Norwegian Tax Administration (skatteetaten.no)
Self-service portal automatically updates to the address in the National Registry
Permanent change of address for private individuals (posten.no)
Always use your personal email for contact, not your UiB email.
Other options – Moving into private housing
Other options for housing. (uib.no)
How to decipher housing ads that are only in Norwegian.
UiB Internal Market (uib.no)
Renting privat housing there are a few things you need to be aware of.
- Contract: Always make sure you get full contact information for the property owner.
- Deposit should always be in a separate bank account in your name, set up by the propertyowner. This account should always require 2 signatures (yours and theirs) to withdraw.
- Home contents insurance protects your valuables, such as furniture, sports equipment, clothes and electronic devises. This insurance covers damage to belongings in the event of fire, water damage, burglary etc. This can be purchased through your Norwegian trade union, banks or insurance companies in Norway. (finansnorge.no)
- Power: most places you will have to pay power seperate. Here you can find best prices, and types of electrical plans.