42 rooms, studios and flats available to rent for guest researchers, new international employees and other guests of UiB.
Guesthouses are primarily rented through UiB units for their guests and new international employees.
All bookings must come through the UiB host unit.
No deposit is required, but the UiB unit renting is liable in case of damage to the housing.
Prices quoted are per month.
Rental period from 3 weeks to 6 months, booking up to 6 months ahead of arrival date.
No pets allowed.
Finding and applying for a guesthouse
Search for availability in the electronic booking calendar.
Send requests for rental using the Electronic Application form.
Please provide the following information:
- Institute or department placing the request
- Arrival date
- Departure date
- Number of guests
- Invoice to
- Invoicing address
- Request placed by
- Email address
- Name of guest
- Email address
- Guest’s connection to UiB
- Other requests (e.g. to reserve a special guest house)
Guidelines for rental of guesthouses at UIB.
Rental payment can be made using the card terminal at International Centre, or by internal invoice to UiB unit.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or Doreen Ryland – ph. +47 55 58 20 28.
Presentation of Guesthouses
UiB Housing manages 29 bedsits and 13 flats available to rent for guest researchers, international new staff at UiB, and other UiB guests.
Allegaten 19/21 - 18 furnished rooms with private bath, shared kitchen and common room.
Sydneshaugen 4, 8, 12, 14 - 15 Fully furnished flats, studios, and rooms with shared kitchen/common room. Minimum 1 month rental.
Villaveien 9 - 2 equipped, and furnished apartments in a protected villa from late 1900’s. For long-term, 1 month minimum rent.
The villas main floor is used for formal events, and this can occasionally cause noise.
Nygårdsgaten 2A - 7 furnished rooms with private baths and shared kitchen. 4th floor, no elevator. Weekly rentals possible.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Practical information when renting UiB housing
For safety reasons all guest must be registered.
No pets allowed
- Collect and drop-off for keys at the International Centre, Parkveien 1, 2. Floor
- Opening hours Monday-Friday 11.00-14.00
- For guest arrival outside opening hours, keys must be collected in advance, or other arrangements must be made.
- Check-in 15:00. Checkout 10:00.
Remember to always clearly mark the mailbox with your name.
Rent and Invoicing
- Rent is quoted per month.
- The rent is invoiced in advance on a montly basis.
- The rent includes Wi-Fi, utilities, common costs and general weekly or bi-weekly cleaning.
- Payment by card terminal at the International Centre, Parkveien 1, or by internal invoicing to UiB unit.
- Deadline for cancellation no later than 4 weeks before arrival date. Cancellation fee will apply for later cancellations.
- All guest must bring their own bed linens and towels. (Some departments have these for their guests).
- All rooms have duvets and pillows. (140*200 cm and 50*70cm)
- Proper bed linens must be used at all times.
- Quilt covers, pillow covers, sheets and towels can be purchased at most home decor stores such as Bergen Storsenter eller Sparkjøp, Jysk, Princess, Ikea
Furnishing and equipment
- The guest houses have basic furnishing and standard kitchen equipment,including appliances, kitchenware, duvets and pillows.
- All inner city parking is regulated by the City. More information on Bergen Kommune's webpages
Issues and missing inventory
- All residences are cleared and washed before rental. Any issues, broken or missing inventory or equipment, needs to be reported to Doreen Ryland at email@example.com or phone 55 58 20 28.
- After hours and weekend assistance call 55 58 80 81.
Map of UiB Campus
- Zoom in to see location of UiB housing.
Leaving UiB housing
Make sure you have all your personal belongings, and do not leave food items in the kitchen.
Leave the keycard on the desk/table. For Nygårdsgaten 2a you must make arrangements for drop-off of keys.
Update your address with the following:
- National Registry Moving - The Norwegian Tax Administration (skatteetaten.no)
- Mailservice Permanent change of address for private individuals (posten.no)
Always use your personal email for contact, not your UiB email.
UiB Internal Market
UiB employees can publish For Rent / Rental Wanted ads, both domestic and abroad, through the UiB “Internal Market” website.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for helt to place an ad.
Other housing options in Bergen
Hostel, guesthouses and online listings
UiB has no contract agreement for alternative housing.
Some other accomodation options:
- Bergen Hostel Montana close to Haukeland Hospital and Mt. Ulriken.
- Regine’s Guesthouse at Haraldsplass Deaconess Hospital. The guesthouse has 16 rooms.
- Bjørvika Apartments Damsgårdsundet - Fully furnished and equipped apartments suitable for a single person to a small family.
- 2 Døtre, Allégaten 20, 8 studio apartments for short- or long-term rental. High standard, fully furnished, and rates are higher, especially in high season. Not suitable for families with children.
- Boolig, Strømgaten 54, 32 high standard studio apartments.
- Bergen – Bo Coliving - Shared housing and private rooms
Looking for private housing:
Utleiemegleren Professional and efficient brokers that can assist in finding suitable housing.
Finn.no Most listings are found here, both for rental and purchase.
Hybel.no Smaller housing, bedsits and shared housing for rent.
How to decipher housing ads that are only in Norwegian.