- Gather and distribute information of available funding oppotunities and upcoming calls, especially towards EU Framework Programs and Research Council of Norway's programs for Research and Innovation
- Advice and assistance for major funding applications
- Training (target group: PhD students and early career researchers with interests of funding application)
- Act as a local contact person at the department for the research administrative networks at MatNat-faculty and the Division of Research and Innovation at UiB
- Other administrative work (Cristin)
- Climate change in the Arctic
- Evolution of the Greenland Ice Sheet
- The Northern Hemisphere mid-latitude extreme weather
- (2021). Winter Arctic Amplification at the synoptic timescale, 1979–2018, its regional variation and response to tropical and extratropical variability. Climate Dynamics.
- (2019). Eurasian Cooling Patterns in the CMIP5 Climate Models. Izvestiya, Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics. 16 pages.
- (2019). Effects of the tropospheric large-scale circulation on European winter temperatures during the period of amplified Arctic warming. International Journal of Climatology. 1-21.
- (2018). The ‘Warm-Arctic/Cold-Continents’ pattern during 1901-2010. International Journal of Climatology. 5245-5254.
- (2018). Arctic amplification metrics. International Journal of Climatology. 4384-4394.
- (2017). Quantifying snow albedo radiative forcing and its feedback during 2003-2016. Remote Sensing. 1-15.
- (2016). Impact of cyclonic and anticyclonic activity on Greenland ice sheet surface mass balance variation during 1980–2013. International Journal of Climatology. 3423-3433.
- (2014). Commercial Arctic shipping through the Northeast Passage: routes, resources, governance, technology, and infrastructure. Polar Geography. 298-324.
- (2011). Accumulation over the Greenland Ice Sheet as represented in reanalysis data. Advances in Atmospheric Sciences. 1030-1038.
- (2009). Greenland Ice Sheet Elevation Change in Winter and Influence of Atmospheric Teleconnection in the Northern Hemisphere. Atmospheric and Oceanic Science Letters. 376-380.
- (2012). Report of the 4th World Climate Research Programme International Conference on Reanalyses. .
Popular scientific lecture
- (2015). Arktiske endringer og rart vær i Europa.
- (2020). Re-assessing extreme sea level events through interplay of tides and storm surges .
- (2018). Arctic sea ice (and icebergs) in a changing climate .
- (2017). Warm Arctic and cold continent pattern during the early 20th century warming period.
- (2016). Revisiting the drivers of Northern Hemisphere winter surface air temperature variability during 1901-2010.
- (2016). Investigating connections between local-remote atmospheric variability and Greenland outlet glacier behavior.
- (2015). Links between Arctic Amplification and mid-latitude weather.
- (2013). Cyclone activities and associated accumulation/temperature changes over the Greenland Ice Sheet.
- (2012). Accumulation over the Greenland ice sheet as represented in reanalysis data.
- (2011). Cyclone activities and associated elevation changes of the Greenland Ice Sheet.
- (2010). Recent Ice-Sheet Decay in the Interior of Greenland.
- (2010). Accumulation over the Greenland Ice Sheet represented in reanalysis data and related atmospheric circulation.
- (2009). Greenland Ice Sheet elevation change in winter and atmospheric circulation.
- (2008). Elevation change of the Greenland Ice Sheet from the merged ERS-1, ERS-2 and Envisat satellite radar altimetry.
- (2008). Decadal changes of the Greenland Ice Sheet elevation derived from satellite altimetry.
- (2012). Interdisciplinary cooperation on impacts of climate change in the Arctic. EOS.
- (2010). Greenland Ice Sheet Surface Elevation Change and Influence of Atmospheric Teleconnections in the Northern Hemisphere.
- (2016). High-latitude dynamics of atmosphere-ice-ocean interactions. Bulletin of The American Meteorological Society - (BAMS). ES179-ES182.
- (2019). RISES: Quantifying and understanding rates of ice sheet change.
- (2015). Re-visiting our understanding of surface temperature response to climate forcing.
- (2014). What’s the difference between these winters? .
Popular scientific chapter/article
- (2016). Den tredje polen og klimaendringer i Kina. 63-66.