- Telefon+47 55 58 84 47
- BesøksadresseChristies gate 19Rom19.203
- PostadressePostboks 78025020 BERGEN
- 2018. Lobbying cycles in Brussels: Evidence from the rotating presidency of the Council of the European union. European Union Politics. 19: 597-616. doi: 10.1177/1465116518796306
- 2018. JEPP blog post: Administrative legitimacy and the democratic deficit of the European Union. JEPP Online.
- 2018. Administrative legitimacy and the democratic deficit of the European Union. Journal of European Public Policy. 25: 389-408. doi: 10.1080/13501763.2016.1268193
- 2018. Do international institutions matter? Socialization and international bureaucrats. European Journal of International Relations. 1-26. doi: 10.1177/1354066118809156
- 2018. How pre- and post-recruitment factors shape role perceptions of European Commission officials. Governance. An International Journal of Policy, Administration and Institutions. 31: 85-101. doi: 10.1111/gove.12269
- 2017. Identity, threat aversion, and civil servants’ policy preferences: Evidence from the European Parliament. Public Administration. 95: 1009-1025. doi: 10.1111/padm.12348
- 2016. Representative bureaucracy and seconded national government officials in the European Commission. Regulation & Governance. 10: 335-349. doi: 10.1111/rego.12089
- 2015. Organization Theory and the Study of European Union Institutions: Lessons and Opportunities. Organization Studies. 36: 1675-1692. doi: 10.1177/0170840615585342
- 2015. National officials working for the Commission display a surprising amount of independence from their own governments. EUROPP.
- 2015. On Trojan Horses and revolving doors: Assessing the autonomy of national officials in the European Commission. European Journal of Political Research. 54: 249-270. doi: 10.1111/1475-6765.12080
- 2015. The Autonomy of National Officials in the European Commission. Politics and Policy journal blog. Publisert 2015-03-17.
- 2015. Representative Bureaucracy and the Role of Expertise in Politics. Politics and Governance. 3: 26-36. doi: 10.17645/pag.v3i1.65
- 2014. Institutional dynamics in international organisations: Lessons from the recruitment procedures of the European External Action Service. Organization Studies. 35: 1793-1811. doi: 10.1177/0170840614544558
- 2014. Building foreign affairs capacity in the EU: The recruitment of member state officials to the European External Action Service (EEAS). Public Administration. 92: 71-86. doi: 10.1111/padm.12037
- 2013. Contracted Government: Unveiling the European Commission's Contracted Staff. West European Politics. 36: 1-21. doi: 10.1080/01402382.2013.742734
- 2013. 'Making the Grade, Keeping the Gate': The recruitment of member-state diplomats to the European External Action Service (EEAS). DSEU Policy Papers.
- 2012. Instrumental Calculation, Cognitive Role-Playing, or Both? Self-Perceptions of Seconded National Experts in the European Commission. Journal of European Public Policy. 19: 1357-1376. doi: 10.1080/13501763.2012.677186
- 2012. Negotiating the European External Action Service (EEAS): Analyzing the External Effects of Internal (Dis)Agreement. Journal of Common Market Studies. 50: 1011-1027. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-5965.2012.02285.x
- 2010. Measuring the 'Bridging' versus 'Bonding' Nature of Social Networks: A Proposal for Integrating Existing Measures. Sociology. 44: 523-540. doi: 10.1177/0038038510362474
- 2008. How to make head or tail of ‘bridging’ and ‘bonding’?: addressing the methodological ambiguity. British Journal of Sociology. 59: 435-454.
- 2013. The Origins of Common Action Capacities. Observations on the recruitment of Member States’ diplomats and officials to the European External Action Service (EEAS). ARENA, Working Paper. 1. ARENA Centre for European Research, Oslo.
- 2015. The advance of a European executive order in foreign policy? Recruitment practices in the European External Action Service. Chapter 5, sider 105-122. I:
- 2015. The European External Action Service: European Diplomacy Post-Westphalia. Palgrave Macmillan. 456 sider. ISBN: 978-1137383020.
- 2015. The temporary Commission bureaucrat. Chapter 11, sider 188-207. I:
- 2015. The Palgrave Handbook of the European Administrative System. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN: 978-1-137-33988-1.