Mål og innhald
The course introduces the principles of logic-based knowledge representation and reasoning, as well as other important symbolic approaches to representing and reasoning about knowledge such as production systems, frames, taxonomies and Kripke models. How to represent different sorts of knowledge, such as uncertain or incomplete knowledge, knowledge about action and change, and knowledge about default situations, is discussed. Various types of reasoning are discussed, such as logical entailment, explanation and planning.
A student who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills and general competence:
- has theoretical knowledge about principles for logic-based representation and reasoning.
- has a basic understanding of Kripke models, production systems, frames, inheritance systems and approaches to handling uncertain or incomplete knowledge.
- has a basic understanding of principles for reasoning with respect to explanation and planning.
- has a broad understanding of how knowledge based systems work which provides a solid foundation for further studies and for assessing when knowledge based approaches to problem solving are appropriate.
- can analyze and design knowledge based systems intended for computer implementation.
Krav til forkunnskapar
INFO104 or equivalent.
Basic understanding of programming.
INFO282 overlaps 10 ECTS with INFO281.
Krav til studierett
The course is open to students with admission to study at the UiB. The course has 100 study places. Students who have this course as a compulsory part of their study plan will have priority access.
Arbeids- og undervisningsformer
Lectures, seminars or data labs, normally 2 + 2 hours per week for 12-14 weeks.
There will be mandatory assignments which must be completed and approved. Mandatory participation: Attendance at mandatory seminars and labs (at least 75 %).
Approved compulsory requirements are valid for the two following semesters.
4 hour written exam (100%)
The grading system has a descending scale from A to E for passes and F for fail.
Assessment in teaching semester and the following semester.
The reading list will be ready before 1 June for the autumn semester and 1 December for the spring semester.
Alle emne blir evaluert i tråd med UiBs kvalitetssystem for utdanning.
The Programme Committee is responsible for the content, structure and quality of the study programme and courses.
Course coordinator and administrative contact person can be found on Mitt UiB.
The Department of Information Science and Media Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences has the administrative responsibility for the course
Klokkeslett for oppstart av skriftlig eksamen kan endre seg fra kl 09.00 til 15.00 eller vice versa inntil 14 dager før eksamen.
- 15.12.2022, 15:00
- 4 timer
- Digital eksamen