Facilities available to UiB staff
UiB’s Brussels Office is co-located at NOHRI (Norwegian House of Research and Innovation) with NTNU, SINTEF and NORCEs offices. In the building there is a large meeting room that seats up to 88 people (theatrical style). The room can also be converted to two smaller meeting rooms. The premises can be used by UiB employees to host consortium meetings, workshops and more. The following facilities are available:
- 2 large monitors
- 2 small monitors on trolley
- 2 cameras
- 2 handsfree microphones + headset
- 3 ceiling microphones
- 10 speakers
- HDMI/USB-connections, Clickshare
- 24 tables with USB and power outlets
- Guest Wi-Fi, eduroam
- Skype for Business
- Access to city garden.
- Kitchen facilities and coffee.
Catering/lunch can be arranged in a large range of prices, going from sandwiches to very fancy walking dinners.
- El Turco, Mediterranean restaurant that also delivers.
- Kamilou, delivers a meal (quiche + 2 types of salad + dessert)
- Les Frères Debekker, a bit more fancy lunch, (walking lunch with soups, buffet, etc) and they come with waiters/waitresses.
- For catering/lunch, it is best to correspond with them through e-mail, write down what you need to avoid misunderstandings. It is also easier for them in case they don’t speak English that well. They accept credit card, some caterers demands that you pay before delivery.
Dinner. It is recommended to avoid the area of the Research Executive Agency at night. But you can go to the city centre which is not far.
- KoKoB, Ethiopian restaurant
- Al Barmaki, Libanese restaurant
- Le Cercle des Voyageurs, less exotic
- Maison du Luxembourg
- Poivre et Sel
- L’Anciennce Poisonnerie
For dinner as well as for lunch, it is best to correspond with them through e-mail, write down what you need to avoid misunderstandings. It is also easier for them in case they don’t speak English that well.