PhD Candidates at the Department
The Department of Clinical Dentistry has around 30 PhD candidates.
All PhD candidates are attached to one of the four research groups at the department:
Oral infections and inflammations
- Kathrin Beyer "The periodontitis – rheumatoid arthritis connection: What are the pathogenic mechanisms behind the association?"
- Mohamed Ali "Biological responses to Bioceramic Materials: in vitro and in vivo studies"
- Zrinka Hercigonja Matkovic "Orthodontic tooth movement and involvement of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factors (VEGF's)"
Clinical dental research
- Trine Lise Lundekvam Berge "Treatment With Polymer-Based Dental Materials:Exposure to Bisphenol A and Effects on Pregnancy Outcomes"
- Magnus Holmøy Bratteberg "Traumatic dental injuries —prevalence, severity and risk factors along the life course. A study among 16-year-old pupils in Hordaland, Western Norway"
- Xin Feng "Radiographic analyses of maxillofacial morphology and respiratory function in orthodontic patients with hypertrophic adenoid"
- Johannes Maria Fischer "Juvenile idiopathic arthritis with temporomandibular disorder and its correlation to clinical pain and imaging markers"
- Zhanna Gaulen "Quality of life, employment, social relationships, and housing situation among heroin dependent poly-drug users"
- Elisabeth Grut Gil "Juvenile idiopathic arthritis with temporomandibular disorder and its correlation to clinical pain and imaging markers"
- Kjersti Gjerde "Adherence and treatment outcome of oral appliance treatment for obstructive sleep apnea"
- Siri Flagestad Kvalheim "Towards improving oral palliative care in terminally ill patients: A study on the efficacy of oral moisturizers"
- Randi Lynds "Potential Benefit and Radiation Risk of Conebeam Computed Tomography in Children with Impacted Maxillary Canine"
- Irene Ness "Oral helsekunnskap, holdninger og praksis blant foreldre med innvandrerbakgrunn i Norge"
- Elisabeth Schilbred Eriksen "Surgical treatment of mandibularprognathism"
- Lutango Daniel Simangwa "Oral health and oral quality of life of adolescents in a Maasai population area in Tanzania"
- Tine Birkeland Sivertsen "Oral helse hos barn med medfødt hjertefeil"
- Victoria Xenaki "Safety of Nanomaterials used in Dentistry: Perception of dental health care workers on nanosafety and in vitro nanotoxicity studies"
- Ulrik Leidland Opsahl "Acoustic pharyngometry to improve the treatment effect of oral appliances in obstructive sleep apnea patients"
- Samih Ahmed "A Comparison of Human Adipose and Bone Marrow Stem Cells Using Polymer Scaffolds for Bone Tissue Engineering, in vitro and in vivo"
- Hassan Abdel-Raouf Ali "Induction of pluripotent stem cells from different sources: a new frontier for bone tissue regeneration"
- Ingeborg Elisabeth Carlstrom "Tissue engineering in alveolar perimplant defects"
- Cecilie Gudveig Gjerde Gjengedal "Jaw bone reconstruction using a combination of autologous mesenchymal stem cells and biomaterial prior to dental implant placement: Clinical and experimental studies"
- Maryam Alizadeh Gharaei "Characterization of biological and molecular responses of conditioned medium in regenerative dentistry"
- Øyvind Goksøyr "Incorporation of demineralised dentine matrix into bomateriaI scaffold to promote mineral tissue repair"
- Mohamad Nageeb Hassan "Printable Customized Composite Scaffolds: Designed and Characterized for Alveolar Bone Regeneration"
- Espen Helgeland "Development of a novel approach for temporomandibular joint cartilage regeneration"
- Olav Inge Larsen "Gingival recessions. Oral health care providers knowledge and treatment outcome"
- Siddharth Vivek Shanbhag "Human gingival and periodontal ligament stem cells for bone regeneration: isolation, clinical-grade expansion and osteogenic differentiation"
- Jannika Paulamäki "Development of a novel 3D printed hydrogel for tissue engineering applications"
- Neha Rana "To assess the safety and efficacy of mesenchymal stem cell based therapy in bone regeneration procedure"
- Shuntaro Yamada "Effects of mechanical modulation on osteogenicity of mesenchymal stem cells and bone regeneration in a 3D environment"
Updated: 14.12.2018 (First published: 15.05.2012)