Introductory course to LaTeX
This introductory course provides a general introduction to the command-driven tool LaTeX. The course is aimed at those who are about to start a larger written assignment, and who want to use a tool that produces neat and clear documents.
This course is held in English.
- How to create my first LaTeX document
- Structuring a LaTeX document (chapters, paragraphs, title page, table of contents, etc.)
- Lists, graphic elements, images, tables and footnotes
- Bibliographies and references in LaTeX
- Cross references
- LaTeX packages
The course is practice-oriented, and time is set aside to work with practical exercises in LaTeX. Course participants are encouraged to bring a text document that can be "translated" to LaTeX during the course.
Preparation before the course
LaTeX runs on virtually all operating systems:
- If you work on Linux you don`t have to do any installation
- In case of a Mac install MacTeX.
- If you own a Windows machine we recommend MiKTeX.
- Alternatively, you can use Overleaf, which is LaTeX in the Cloud, implying no need for a local installation but Internet acccess all the time you’re working with LaTeX.