You have finished your application at Søknadsweb, so what's next?
Prepare yourself for the next steps
We expect that you familiarise yourself with the information at this webpage after completing your application. This will ensure that you are always prepared for what comes next.
Admission process to UiB
Admission and Letters of Acceptance
Your application is processed in cooperation with the faculties and departments. As soon as we know whether we can offer you admission, we will publish your Letter of Acceptance.
Letters of Acceptance
- The Letters of Acceptance are published on Søknadsweb.
- They are published continuously as soon as we know that we can offer you admission.
- You will be notified by email when your letter has been published.
- The sooner you complete your application, the earlier you will receive your Letter of Acceptance.
The status of your application will be set to Under consideration at Søknadsweb until we have finished the processing completely and we can publish the courses you will get admission to.
We may not know which courses we can offer you when we publish your Letter of Acceptance, but this will be published at Søknadsweb as soon as it is ready.
Accept the offer of admission and check your courses
We will make every effort to admit you to the courses you have selected, but admission to restricted courses will depend on
- Your academic background
- The number of places available in each course
- The exchange agreement you have been nominated on
- The timetables of all your courses combined
Accept the offer of admission
When we know which courses we can offer you, we will publish them at Søknadsweb.
- You will see the faculty you will belong to at UiB and the courses you have been admitted to.
- If you have applied for a course and it is no longer listed at Søknadsweb, it means that we cannot offer you admission to that course.
- You will be asked to accept (or decline) the offer of admission and courses at Søknadsweb.
- You can safely accept the offer even if you want to make changes to your courses later.
Need to change courses?
Discuss changes with your home university: How flexible can you be when you choose other courses, and which courses can be approved by your home university.
Make changes from week 25: In late June you can make changes to the courses you have chosen if needed. Read more about this below under Register and sign up for courses.
Register and sign up for courses
In week 25 / 50, you will get access to Studentweb, the online registration service for students.
You will receive instructions on how to sign up for and change courses by email in the middle of June/December.
Register and sign up
All UiB students are required to register each semester, and sign up for classes and exams for the courses you will take, at Studentweb. You sign up for classes and exams through your Education plan.
Education plan: The courses you are offered admission to will be listed in your education plan at Studentweb. You can also add other open courses via your Education plan.
After you have applied to UiB, you should
- Apply for student housing from 1 April to 15 May
- Apply for a study permit before 1 June
- Organise insurance before you leave home
- Plan your arrival in Bergen before you arrive
Exception: Housing arrangements have already been made for students participating in the Maratime Bergen Law Summer Programme (MBLSP) and you should consider other dates than students staying for a semester or longer. Find details in the programme description.