Power grid capacity: are we ready for the electric future?
Atle Isaksen, BKK, will be presenting power grid capacity: are we ready for the electric future?
It has been 11 years since the last "electric power crisis" in Bergen. In 2021 it seems that history may be repeating itself. The circumstances, the consequences, the arguments and the explanations from 2010 seem to be the same today. So, how did we get here (again), and will we ever have a powergrid with the capacity needed for our electric future?
The seminar will give a brief introduction to the organization of the powersystem in Norway and some of the key regulatory factors. We will look at the recent development in the regional balance between supply and demand, and we will walk through the roadmap to a futureproof powergrid for the Bergen region.
Atle Isaksen, Leader of Grid Management and Development in BKK Nett AS, Sivilingeniør Elkraftteknikk from NTNU.
Guidelines for our virtual seminars:
- Link to join the webinar here
- "Doors open" at 12:00. From 12:00-12:15 you will be able to present yourself and be introduced to the rest of the participants.
- After 12:15 and whenever you are not speaking please mute your microphone, as this can disturb others.
- If you have a comment or a question please use the chat function (speech bubble on the options panel) to signal you have a question.
- The moderator will introduce you when it is your turn to ask a question. Remember to unmute your microphone!