Utilization of woody biomass and residues for production of energy products and high-value natural compounds
- a case study using biomass from costal forestry resources
Kristoffer Mega Herdlevær will talk about the case study using biomass from costal forestry resources.
This project addresses the valorization of forestry residues in a biorefinery approach, combining extraction of high value-added products with biofuel and biobased chemicals production from the bulk materials. This approach conforms to the Norwegian bio-economy strategy "Regjeringens bioøkonomistrategi - Kjente ressurser – uante muligheter" chapter 5 "Effektiv utnyttelse og lønnsom foredling av fornybare biologiske ressurser" (Efficient exploitation and profitable refining of renewable biological resources), where use of by-products from forestry activities – i.e. branches,roots and tops is highlighted as an underutilized resource base. A promising approach to this challenge is the development of a biorefinery that converts a given biomass feedstock into a range of products with an overall higher market value.
Kristoffer Mega Herdlevær, PhD Candiate at the Department of Chemistry, UiB
Guidelines for our virtual seminars:
- Link to join the webinar here
- "Doors open" at 12:00. From 12:00-12:15 you will be able to present yourself and be introduced to the rest of the participants.
- After 12:15 and whenever you are not speaking please mute your microphone, as this can disturb others.
- If you have a comment or a question please use the chat function (speech bubble on the options panel) to signal you have a question.
- The moderator will introduce you when it is your turn to ask a question. Remember to unmute your microphone!