The Section for Ethics and Health Economics (ETØK) at the Department of Global Public Health and Primary Care (IGS) focuses on ethical and financial issues related to health and health priorities.
Section leader: Oddvar Kaarbøe.
The Section has two research groups:
Central topics of research include:
- priority setting in health
- ethics and decision making
- translational ethics
- local implications of global and national health policy
- financial risk in health services
- standard and distribution-sensitive evaluations in health economics
The Section is also responsible for teaching courses as part of the following study programmes:
Master in Health and Society
Master in Biomedical Sciences
Master in Global Health