Svein Olaf Dahl as supervisor
Professor Svein Olaf Dahl is a supervisor for master projects in physical geography.
Svein Olaf Dahl
Disciplinary interests in physical geography:
- Glacier history during the last ice age (the Weichselian) with special focus on the last deglaciation, and Holocene glacier fluctuations.
- Palaeoclimatic reconstructions (winter precipitation as snow, and direction and strength of wind) based on fluctuations in glacier equilibrium-line altitudes (ELAs), independent proxies for summer temperature and proglacial lake sediments, as well as aeolian deposits (wind-blown sand and loess).
- Reconstruction of Holocene river floods based on lacustrine sediments, and formation of landforms (canyons) shaped by flowing water/glacial-lake outburst floods (GLOFS).
- Reconstruction and palaeoclimatic implications of debris flows and snow avalanches during the Holocene.
- Palaeoclimatic implications of periglacial processes and landforms.
Suggestions new master projects
Updated: 14.05.2020 (First published: 13.03.2013)