Who were they?
Vilhelm Bjerknes is considered to be one of the most influential Norwegian scientists. But who was he? Find out more about Bjerknes and other Bergen meteorologists and oceanographers.
Vilhelm Bjerknes, the father of modern meteorology
- A theoretical future - on development of meteoroloy (scitation.aip.org)
- Vilhelm Bjerknes - Father of Modern Meteorology
- Vilhelm Frimann Koren Bjerknes - biography (encyclopedia.com)
- Vilhelm Bjerknes - March 14 1962 - April 9 1951
- Robert Marc Friedman's book about V. Bjerknes and modern meteorology (excerpt)
- "In memory of Vilhelm Bjerknes", for the 100-year anniversary (PDF)
- Jacob Bjerknes
- Pioneers in modern meteorology: Vilhelm and Jacob Bjerknes
- Harald Ulrik Sverdrup
- Sverre Petterssen
- Sverre Petterssen, the Bergen School, and the Forecasts for D-Day
Updated: 09.12.2015 (First published: 29.09.2009)