Library access in Athens
On the library resources accessible via the Norwegian Institute at Athens.
Main reading room, Nordic Library at Athens
Nordic Library at Athens
- Norwegian Institute operates two library facilities: the Nordic Library at Athens and the Library of the Norwegian Institute
- The Nordic Library is the result of cooperation of and is jointly managed by the four Nordic institutes in Athens (Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, and Swedish). The Library has over 35 000 titles, mainly in the field of Greek archaeology, classics, and ancient Greek religion and history. Although serving as a research library for Nordic scholars, it also welcomes both Greek and foreign scholars who are members of the various research institutions and archaeological schools of Greece.
- Link to the Nordic Library catalogue: The Nordic Library
- In addition, the Norwegian Institute has its own Library. The book inventory of the Norwegian Institute’s library can be accessed via the Nordic library online catalogue here: The Triantaphyllopoulos collection
- Finally, per agreement between the foreign schools and institutes in Athens, researchers and scholars affiliated with the Norwegian Institute have the right to access the libraries of other foreign schools/institutes. A special letter from the Norwegian Institute is needed for this and this service is only available to graduate students (MA and PhD level) and established scholars.