Key publications and doctoral dissertations
Find an overview of key publications related to the research group, as well as information on doctoral dissertations written by our members.
Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui
• Tina Soliman Hunter, Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui, Penelope Crossley, Gloria M. Alvarez (eds.), "Routledge Handbook of Energy Law" (Routledge 2020)
• Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui, "Is Hywind Tampen’s State Aid Approval a Kickstart for the Norwegian Offshore Wind Industry? Decision 017/20/COL Hywind Tampen, EFTA Surveillance Authority", European State Aid Law Quarterly 2020, p. 225-231
• Bergqvist, Christian; Herrera Anchustegui, Ignacio. 2020. "Uses and abuses of EU competition law in energy". 17 pages.
• Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui, "Oil as Currency: Venezuela's Petro, a New 'Oil Pattern’?" in: Oil, Gas and Energy Law (OGEL), 2019, p. 1-20.
• Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui, "Evaluating the Commission’s Proposal for a Directive on Unfair Trading Practices. Competition in Fairness?" European Competition and Regulatory Law Review (CoRe), 2018, p. 280-289
• Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui, "Joint Bidding and Object Restrictions of Competition: The EFTA Court’s Take in the Taxi Case". European Competition and Regulatory Law Review (CoRe), 2017, p. 174-179.
• Project leader: "PRE-DECOR - Decommissioning Regulation and Contractual Implications part of Center for Recommissioning and Decommissioning Vestland" in collab. with prof. Gunnar Eskeland, NHH (NOK 320 000 from the Regionale Forskninsfond - Vesland regional funds)
• PhD dissertation: "Buyer Power in EU Competition Law" (2017) — dissertation won prestigious "2017 Concurrences PhD Award" to the best PhD dissertation in the field of competition law or economics of the year
• Hylland, K., Eirkson, B., Gade, A.L., Hedstein, A. Høstmark, S.A., Magnussen, K., Odland J.Ø., Schulze, P.-E., Schütz, S.E., Grini, G. 2010. [Official Norwegian Report] "Et Norge uten miljøgifter" [A Norway without environmental toxins], NOU 2010:9. - How emissions of environmental toxins that pose a threat to health or the environment can be stopped, on assignment of the Ministry of Environment. Widely discussed in national news as Dagbladet, Aftenposten and, lately, in Klassekampen
• Schütz, S.E.; Slater, A. M. 2019 [Journal Article] "From strategic marine planning to project licenses - Between predictability and adaptability in management of aquaculture and off shore wind farms", Marine Policy, 110: 1-11. - In cooperation with GOVLAND-partner Slater in a Special Section in Marine Policy on Reconciling the Rule of Law with Adaptive Regulation of Marine Ecosystems
• Schütz, S.E.; Nordtveit, E. 2018 [Book chapter] "Environment", Article 73-75, p. 713-740 in Arnesen et al. (eds.) "Agreement on the European Economic Area - A Commentary", Universitetsforlaget/ Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft. - A comprehensive commentary to the EEA-Agreement, widely used and acknowledged, and held by 96 libraries/library consortia worldwide (and online on Juridika.no).
• Schütz, S.E. 2018 [Journal Article] "Marine Spatial Planning – Prospects for the Arctic". Arctic Review on Law and Politics 9: 44-66. - Building on plenum presentation and inspiring discussions in Boston Science Week in 2015, resulting in this single-author publication.
• Schütz, S.E.; 2016 [Book chapter] "Renewable energy production in marine areas and coastal zone – the Norwegian model", p 312-316 in Heffron et al. (eds.), "Delivering Energy Law and Policy in the EU and the US", Edinburgh University Press. - Renewable energy under SDG 7 on affordable and clean energy put pressure on SDG 14 and 15 on life below water/on land.
• The leader of the project: "Designing a Refined Legal Framework for Offshore Wind in the North Sea Basin (DeWindSea)" (NOK 5 mln)
• The leader of the project: "Causes and Consequences of the Legal Architecture of Climate Politics (LEG-ARCH)", collab. with Prof. Michael R Tatham (NOK 3,5 mln)
• Ernst Nordtveit (ed.), "The Changing Role of Property Law; Rights, Values and Concepts", Edward Elgar Publishing (forthcoming 2021)
• Tina Soliman Hunter; Jørn Øyrehagen Sunde; Ernst Nordtveit(eds.) "The Character of Petroleum Licences", Edward Elgar Publishing, 2020
• Ernst Nordtveit, "International energy law in perspective: the relationship between national and international energy law", in: T Hunter, I Herrera, P Crossley and G Alvarez (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Energy Law, 2020, p 42-57.
• Ernst Nordtveit, "Regulation of Norwegian Upstream Petroleum Sector", in: Tina Hunter (ed.) Regulation of the upstream petroleum sector: a comparative study of licensing and concession systems, 2015
• The leader of the interdisciplinary project "Legal frameworks for Conservation of Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in the Himalayas (HimaLines)", in cooperation with professor Vigdis Vandvik at the Institute of Biology, University of Bergen and several other partners in Nepal and other countries (Norwegian Research Council, 2009-2015)
Ingunn Elise Myklebust
• Ingunn Elise Myklebust, "The Norwegian admininstrative system in aquaculture – challenges due to fragmented management", in: Aquaculture Law and Policy - Global, Regional and National Perspectives, ISBN: 9781784718107, 2016, Utgiver, Edward Elgar Publishing, https://doi.org/10.4337/9781784718114
• Schütz S.E; Myklebust, I. E. 2016 [Journal Article] "Coastal zone management – between politics and law. New guidelines for differentiated management of the shore zone in Norway", Local Environment, 21 (2): 189-201.
• PhD avhandlinger — Ingunn Elise Myklebust, "Strandrett og offentleg styring av arealbruk i sjø", Universitetsforlaget, 2010.
• Berte-Elen Konow, "Nordic Perspectives on Contract and Property Law with an Environmental Perspective: Examples from Norway", in Siel Demeyere, Vincent Sagaert (eds.), Contract and Property with an Environmental Perspective (Intersentia 2020)
• Askeland, Bjarte; Cyndecka, Malgorzata Agnieszka; Holmøyvik, Eirik; Konow, Berte-Elen R; Nordtveit, Ernst; Schütz, Sigrid Eskeland, "Klimarettslege utfordringar for rettsvitskapen", in Rett i vest: Bergen: Fagbokforlaget, 2019
Catalina Vallejo Piedrahita
• Siri Gloppen and Catalina Vallejo, "The climate crisis: litigation and economic, social and cultural rights" in: Research Handbook on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights as Human Rights (2020). Edited by Jackie Dugard, Bruce Porter, Daniela Ikawa and Lilian Chenwi. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing.
• Camilo Sanchez, Jemima García Godos and Catalina Vallejo, "Colombia: transitional justice before transition" in: The Uneven Road from Impunity towards Accountability (2017). Edited by Elin Skaar, Jemima Garcia-Godos, Cath Collins. London: Routledge.
• Esmeralda Colombo, "Det norske paradokset i Klimasøksmål Arktis: ein rettsleg analyse av økonomiske vurderingar", Retfærd (2020), Volume 2, 47-70;
• Esmeralda Colombo, "(Un)comfortably Numb: The Role of National Courts for Access to Justice in Climate Matters" in J. Jendrośka – M. Bar (eds), Procedural Environmental Rights: Principle X in Theory and Practice, Intersentia, 2017, 437-464.
Knut Einar Skodvin
• Knut Einar Skodvin, "Arctic Shipping - Still Icy" in Challenges of the Changing Arctic, Brill|Nijhoff 2016
• PhD dissertation: "Freedom of navigation in the exclusive economic zone under the LOS-Convention – Balancing coastal and maritime State interests" (2013)
Julie Gjørtz Howden
- PhD thesis: "The Community of Interest Approach in International Water Law: A Legal Framework for the Common Management of International Watercourses", 2019
- Julie Gjørtz Howden, "Aspects of Sovereignty and the Evolving Regimes of Transboundary Water Management", Nordisk miljörättslig tidskrift. 2015;7(1):43-57