ACDC 2020 Practical Details
This page will continuously be updated with practical information for the participants.
There is WiFi at the research station. There will be laundry facilities, but you have to bring your own detergent.
The program will start on Sunday 16. August. We recommend everyone to take the night train from Stockholm Central (departure 18:08)/Arlanda (departure 18:33) arriving at Kiruna Station 09:12 Sunday morning, and we'll organize transport from there.
For the return on 28. August, we recommend the train from Abisko back to Stockholm/Arlanda.
To celebrate all the nationalities represented at the ACDC Summer School, we ask participants to bring a food item special for their home country. Please remember to declare the food item at customs if required.
What to bring
We want to limit the amount of garbage we produce, so we will not provide paper or plastic cups and plates in the field. We plan for a two night stay in the field.
- Wind and waterproof clothing (jacket and trousers)
- Warm clothes
- Indoor shoes
- Hat, scarf and mittens
- Travel insurance
- Lunch box
- Water bottle
- Camera (we encourage students and lecturers to share their pictures)
- Backpack for field trip/hiking
- Plate, cup, fork, spoon and knife.
- Proper hiking boots
- Laptop (+ memory stick for student presentations; 8 minute presentation - maximum 8 slides)
- Mosquito repellent
- Sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag (and if you prefer not to sleep in the sleeping bag in the cabin, bed linen or sleeping bag liner)
- Tent (optional, but we encourage you to bring it if you have one)
- Sun screen
- Sun glasses
- Head torch
Program and reading material for the lectures
Tentative program will be made available shortly. Reading material and lecture slides (after the lectures) will be made available.