ACDC 2022 Practical Details
This page will continuously be updated with practical information for the participants.
We will be staying at Rondvassbu DNT cabin (part of the national natwork of mountain cabins in Norway). The weekend we will spend in the field including one night in tents (this is optional, but highly recommended)
There is no WiFi at the research station.
Current weather at Rondvassbu can be found at yr.no
TBD - but based on train from Oslo or Trondheim to Otta and then by bus to Spranget. From there there is a beatiful hike to the cabin (no cars allowed).
To celebrate all the nationalities represented at the ACDC Summer School, we ask participants to bring a food item special for their home country. Please remember to declare the food item at customs if required.
What to bring
We want to limit the amount of garbage we produce, so we will not provide paper or plastic cups and plates in the field. We plan for a two night stay in the field.
- Wind and waterproof clothing (jacket and trousers)
- Warm clothes
- Indoor shoes
- Hat, scarf and mittens
- Travel insurance
- Lunch box
- Water bottle
- Camera (we encourage students and lecturers to share their pictures)
- Backpack for field trip/hiking
- Plate, cup, fork, spoon and knife.
- Proper hiking boots
- Laptop (+ memory stick for student presentations; 8 minute presentation - maximum 8 slides)
- Mosquito repellent
- Sleeping mat
- Sleeping bag (and if you prefer not to sleep in the sleeping bag in the cabin, bed linen or sleeping bag liner)
- Tent (optional, but we encourage you to bring it if you have one)
- Sun screen
- Sun glasses
- Head torch
Program and reading material for the lectures
A tentative program will be made available before the summer school.
Reading material and lecture slides (after the lectures) will be made available.