Infomedia signs memorandum of understanding
In the end of May Infomedia signed a memorandum of understanding with units at Dublin City University and Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City.
Researchers at the three institutions have for several years collaborated on conference organisation, project proposals and publication of research results. The collaboration has definately been a success, because now units at Dublin City University of Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City (HCMUS-VNUHCM), together with Infomedia, have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for further collaboration. The MoU came about as a result of long-term and targeted work from the initiator, associate professor Duc Tien Dang Nguyen.
For the signing Cathan Gurrin of Dublin City University and Minh Triet Tran of HCMUS-VNUHCM visited Bergen.
- We are very exited for formalizing our academic friendship and looking forward to expanding our collaboration in research and education, says head of Infomedia Marija Slavkovik, after the signing.
Through the memorandum of understanding the three parties aim to
- examine the potential for staff and student exchange programmes
- examine the potential for teaching and learning related collaboration
- collaborate on various research activities of interest to all parties
- engage in joint event organisation and joint appliations for research funding
- explore opportunities for other forms of collaboration
The finalization of the agreement did not happen behind closed doors. Present at the signing was head of TekLab professor Lars Nyre, Christie Award winner professor Leif Ove Larsen, work package leader in MediaFutures assoc.prof. Mehdi Elahi, coordinator of the University of Bergen's HCI infrastrucuture Audun Klyve Gulbrandsen and research adviser Knut Risnes