Center for Translational Oral Research (TOR) focuses on translational research based on a clinical approach. The center integrates basic EXPERIMENTAL, epidemiological and clinical research activities and facilitate translation of the results into evidence-based innovative therapies.
The center was established in 2021 and is affiliated with the Department of Clinical Dentistry at the Faculty of Medicine.
The mission of the center is to promote translational research within the field of orofacial health, and develop evidence-based novel methods for prevention, early detection and treatment of oral diseases and defects. The center encompasses the Research school at the department to promote research education and training in accordance with the institute`s research strategies.
- To promote research collaborations locally and at a global scale.
- To strengthen possibilities for funding recruitment.
- To enrich the research environment at IKO by organization of seminars, symposia and workshops.
- To encourage bridging patient-, and population-oriented research with laboratory basic research.
The center is organized to include four research groups and three units.
The four research groups:
- Tissue Engineering
- Craniofacial development, oral infections and inflammations
- Oral Health
The three units: