We aim to publish high-quality reports of our research in relevant journals and books, as well as high-impact journals that are widely read. We support open access publishing.
- from June 2019 onwards
- Bukhman, G; Mocumbi, A.O.; Atun, R; Becker, A.E.; Bhutta, Z.; Binagwaho, A.; Clinton, C.; Coates, M.M.; Dain, K.; Ezzati, M.; Gottlieb, G.; Gupta, I.; Gupta, N.; Hyder, A.A.; Jain, Y.; Kruk, M.E.; Makani, J.: Marx, A.; Miranda, J.J.; Norheim, O.F.; Nugent R.; Roy, N.; Stefan, C:; Wallis, L.; Mayosi, B.; Lancet NCDI Poverty Commission Study Group. The Lancet NCDI Poverty Commission: bridging a gap in universal health coverage for the poorest billion. The Lancet; 14 September 2020.
- Yigezu, Amanuel; Alemayehu, Senait; Hamusse, Shallo Daba; Ergeta, Getachew Teshome; Hailemariam, Damen; Hailu, Alemayehu. Cost-effectiveness of facility-based, stand-alone and mobile-based voluntary counseling and testing for HIV in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. BMC BioMed Central; 11 September 2020.
- Emanuel, Ezekiel J.; Persad, Govind; Kern, Adam Kern; Buchanan, Allen; Fabre, Cécile; Halliday, Daniel Halliday; Heath, Joseph; Herzon, Lisa; Leland, R. J.; Lemango, Ephrem T.; Luna, Florencia Luna; McCoy, Matthew S.; Norheim, Ole F.; Ottersen, Trygve; Schaefer, G. Owen; Tan, Kok-Chor; Wellman, Christopher Heath; Wolff, Jonathan Wolff; Richardson, Henry S. An ethical framework for global vaccine allocation. Science; 4 September 2020.
- Alemayehu, Senait; Yigezu, Amanuel; Hailemariam, Damen; Heilu, Alemayehu Hailu. Cost-effectiveness of treating multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in treatment initiative centers and treatment follow-up centers in Ethiopia. PLOS ONE; 27 July 2020.
- Aas, Christer Frode; Vold, Jørn Henrik; Skurtveit, Svetland; Lim, Aaron G.; Ruths, Sabine; Islam, Kamrul; Askildsen, Han Erik; Løberg, Else-Marie; Fadnes, Lars Thore; Johansson, Kjell Arne; INTRO-HCV Study Group. Health-related quality of life of long-term patients receiving opioid agonist therapy: a nested prospective cohort study in Norway. BMC BioMed Central; 3 September 2020.
- Kerasidou, Angeliki; Bærøe, Kristine; Berger, Zackary; Brown, Amy E. Caruso. The need for empathetic healthcare systems. BMJ Journal of Medical Ethics; 24 July 2020.
- Memirie, Solomon Tessema; Desalegn, Hailemichael; Naizgi, Mulugeta; Nigus, Mulat; Taddesse, Lisanu; Tadesse, Yared; Tessema, Fasil; Zelalem, Meseret; Girma, Tsinuel. Introduction of birth dose of hepatitis B virus vaccine to the immunization program in Ethiopia: an economic evaluation. BMC BioMed Central; 22 July 2020.
- Johansson, Kjell Arne; Økland, Jan-Magnus; Skaftun, Eirin Krüger; Bukhman, Gene; Norheim, Ole Frithjof; Coates, Matthew M.; Haaland, Øystein Ariansen. Estimating Health Adjusted Age at Death (HAAD). PLOS ONE; 14 July 2020.
- Tesfaye, Solomon H.; Gebeyehu, Yabibal; Loha, Eskindir; Johansson, Kjell Arne; Lindtjørn, Bernt. Pulse oximeter with integrated management of childhood illness for diagnosis of severe childhood pneumonia at rural health institutions in Southern Ethiopia: results from a cluster-randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open, Volume 10, Issue 6; Published online 21 June 2020.
- Onarheim, Kristine Husøy; Moland, Karen Marie; Miljeteig, Ingrid. ‘I wanted to go, but they said wait’: Mothers’ bargaining power and strategies in care-seeking for ill newborns in Ethiopia. PLOS ONE; 5 June 2020.
- Watkins, David A.; Qi, Jinyuan; Kawakatsu, Yoshito; Pickersgill, Sarah J.; Horton, Susan E.; Jamison, Dean T. Resource requirements for essential universal health coverage: a modelling study based on findings from Disease Control Priorities, 3rd edition. THE LANCET Global Health; 1 June 2020.
- Assebe, Lelisa Fekadu; Negussie, Eyerusalem Kebede; Jbaily, Abdulrahmen; Tolla, Mieraf Tadesse; Johansson, Kjell Arne. Financial burden of HIV and TB among patients in Ethiopia: a cross-sectional survey. BMJ Open, Volume 10, Issue 6; Published online 1 June 2020.
- Ariansen, Anja M.S.; Gloppen, Siri; Rakner, Lise; Johansson, Kjell Arne; Haaland, Øystein A.; Time for global health diplomacy. The Lancet; 30 May 2020
- Borde, Moges Tadesse; Loha, Eskindir; Johansson, Kjell Arne; Lindtjørn, Bernt. Financial risk of seeking maternal and neonatal healthcare in southern Ethiopia: a cohort study of rural households. International Journal for Equity in Health 19, Article number: 69 (2020); 18 May 2020.
- Barra, Mathias; Broqvist, Mari; Gustavsson, Erik; Henriksson, Martin; Juth Niklas; Sandman Lars; Solberg, Carl Tollef. Do not despair about severity - yet. Journal of Medical Ethics; 25 February 2020.
- Gamlund, Espen; Müller, Karl Erik; Pacquet, Kathrine Knarvik; Solberg, Carl Tollef. Mandatory childhood vaccination: Should Norway follow? Nordic Journal of Applied Ethics: 22 February 2020.
- Assebe, Lelisa Fekadu; Kwete, Xiaoxiao Jiang; Wang, Dan; Liu, Lingrui; Norheim, Ole Frithjof; Jbaily, Abdulrahman; Verguet, Stéphane; Johansson, Kjell Arne; Tolla, Mieraf Taddesse. Health gains and financial risk protection afforded by public financing of selected malaria interventions in Ethiopia: an extended cost-effectiveness analysis. Malaria Journal 19, 41: 23 January 2020.
- Borde, Moges; Loha, Eskindir; Johansson, Kjell Arne; Lindtjørn, Bernt. Utilisation of health services fails to meet the needs of pregnancy-related illnesses in rural southern Ethiopia: A prospective cohort study. PLOS ONE 2019; Volum 14.(12)
- Bærøe, Kristine; Gundersen, Torbjørn. Social Impact Under Severe Uncertainty: The Role of Neuroethicists at the Intersection of Neuroscience, AI, Ethics, and Policymaking. AJOB Neuroscience 2019; Volum 10. (3) s.117-119
- Eregata, Getachew Teshome; Hailu, Alemayehu; Memirie, Solomon Tessema; Norheim, Ole Frithjof. Measuring progress towards universal health coverage: National and subnational analysis in Ethiopia. BMJ Global Health 2019; Volum 4. (6)
- Solberg, Carl Tollef; Norheim, Ole F.; Barra, M. Consistency is not overrated. BMJ Journal of Medical Ethics; 30 July 2019.
- Hailu, Samrawit; Astatkie, Ayalew; Johansson, Kjell Arne; Lindtjørn, Bernt. Low immunization coverage in Wonago district, southern Ethiopia: A community-based cross-sectional study. PLOS ONE 2019; Volum 14. (7)
Books & Book Chapters
- Norheim, Ole F.; Emanuel, Ezekiel J.; Millum, Joseph. Global Health Priority-Setting: Beyond Cost-Effectiveness. Oxford University Press; 2020.
Scientific Commentaries & Opinion Pieces
- Hanne Dahl Vonen, Merete Lan Olsen, Sara Soraya Eriksen, Signe Smith Jervelund, Terje Andreas Eikemo. Refugee camps and COVID-19: Can we prevent a humanitarian crisis? Scandinavian Journal of Public Health; 10 June 2020.
- Ole F. Norheim. Protecting the population with immune individuals. Nature Medicine 26, 823-824 (2020); 7 May 2020.
- Ole F. Norheim, Alicia E. Yamin. 3 Human Rights Imperatives for Rationing Care in the Time of Coronavirus. Bill of Health (Petrie-Flom Harvard Blog); 27 March 2020.
- Sunil Bhopal, Guppi Kaur Bola, Robert Hughes, Anya Gopfert, Anand Bhopal. Can we improve the NHS’s ability to tackle covid-19 through emergency public health interventions? BMJ Opinion; 24 March 2020.
- Mathias Barra, Mari Broqvist, Erik Gustavsson, Martin Henriksson, Niklas Juth, Lars Sandman, Carl Tollef Solberg. Why care about severity? Journal of Medical Ethics Blog; 26 February 2020.
BCEPS Working Papers & Preprints
Getachew Teshome, Alemayehu Hailu, Zelalem Adugna, Solomon Tessema Memire, Kjell Arne Johansson, Karin Stenberg, Melanie Y. Bertram, Amir Aman, Ole Frithjof Norheim Revision of the Ethiopian Essential Health Service Package: An Explication of the Process and Methods Used BCEPS Working Paper 1/20
BCEPS Policy Briefs
Condensed and to-the-point summaries of scientific publications:
Reports & Other Publications
- Essential Health Service Package Ethiopia. Federal Ministry of Health: 2019
- Protocol for Prioritization of Health Interventions for Revision of the Essential Health Service Package in Ethiopia. Federal Ministry of Health: 2019
Disease Control Priorities (DCP4)
A series of working papers and draft chapters for DCP4 will be published here.
Previous scientific publications by the Global Health Priorities research group
- prior to June 2019
- Norheim OF. Priority Setting on the Path to UHC: Time for Stronger Institutions and Stronger Health Systems: Response to Recent Commentaries. Int J Health Policy Manag 2019; 8(8): 511-3. August 2019.
- Memirie ST, Tolla MT, Desalegn D, et al. Norheim OF* A cost-effectiveness analysis of maternal and neonatal health interventions in Ethiopia. Health Policy Plan 2019; 34(4): 289-97. May 2019.
- Berhane Defaye F, Danis M, Wakim P, Berhane Y, Norheim OF, Miljeteig I. Bedside Rationing Under Resource Constraints-A National Survey of Ethiopian Physicians' Use of Criteria for Priority Setting. AJOB Empir Bioeth 2019; 10(2): 125-35. April 2019.
- Verguet S, Feldhaus I, Jiang Kwete X, et al. Norheim OF* Health system modelling research: towards a whole-health-system perspective for identifying good value for money investments in health system strengthening. BMJ Glob Health 2019; 4(2): e001311. April 2019.
- Miljeteig I, Berhane Defaye F, Wakim P, Neema Desalegn D, Berhane Y, Norheim OF, Danis M. (2019). Financial risk protection at the bedside: How Ethiopian physicians try to minimize out-of-pocket health expenditures. PLOS ONE 14(2). February 2019.
- Kruk ME, Gage AD, Arsenault C, et al. Norheim OF* High-quality health systems in the Sustainable Development Goals era: time for a revolution. Lancet Glob Health 2018 Sep 5. pii: S2214-109X(18)30386-3. doi: 10.1016/S2214-109X(18)30386-3.
- GBD 2017 SDG Collaborators. Norheim OF* Measuring progress from 1990 to 2017 and projecting attainment to 2030 of the health-related Sustainable Development Goals for 195 countries and territories: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017. Lancet 2018: 392, 2091-2138.
- Norheim OF. Disease control priorities third edition is published: a theory of change is needed for translating evidence to health policy. International Journal of Health Policy and Management 2018; 7(9): 771-7.
- Wester G, Bærøe K, Norheim OF. Towards theoretically robust evidence on health equity: a systematic approach to contextualising equity-relevant randomised controlled trials. J Med Ethics 2018.
- Jamison DT, Alwan A, Mock CN, et al. Norheim OF* Universal health coverage and intersectoral action for health: key messages from Disease Control Priorities, 3rd edition. Lancet 2018: Mar 17;391(10125):1108-1120. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(17)32906-9
- Welch VA, Norheim OF, Jull J, Cookson R, Sommerfelt H, Tugwell P; CONSORT-Equity and Boston Equity Symposium. CONSORT-Equity 2017 extension and elaboration for better reporting of health equity in randomised trials. BMJ. 2017 Nov 23;359:j5085. doi: 10.1136/bmj.j5085.
- Nkosi-Gondwe T, Robberstad B, Blomberg B, Phiri KS, Lange S. 2018. Introducing post-discharge malaria chemoprevention (PMC) for management of severe anemia in Malawian children: a qualitative study of community health workers' perceptions and motivation. BMC Health Services Research 18:984
- Hailu A, Lindtjørn B, Deressa W, Gari T, Loha E & Robberstad B. (2018). Cost-effectiveness of a combined intervention of long lasting insecticidal nets and indoor residual spraying compared with each intervention alone for malaria prevention in Ethiopia. Cost Effectiveness and Resource Allocation, 16(1), 61.
- Binyaruka P, Robberstad B, Torsvik G & Borghi J. (2018). Does payment for performance increase performance inequalities across health providers? A case study of Tanzania. Health policy and planning, 33(9), 1026-1036.
- Onarheim, K. H., Melberg, A., Meier, B. M., & Miljeteig, I. (2018). Towards universal health coverage: including undocumented migrants. BMJ Global Health, 3(5), e001031.
- Ives J, Dunn M, Molewijk B, Schildmann J, Bærøe K, et al. Standards of practice in empirical bioethics research: toward a consensus. BMC Medical Ethics 2018, 19:85, DOI: 10.1186/s12910-018-0304-3
- Tranvåg EJ, Norheim OF, Ottersen T. Clinical decision making in cancer care: a review of current and future roles of patient age. BMC Cancer 2018, 18:546, DOI: 10.1186/s12885-018-4456-9
- Onarheim KH, Sisay MM, Muluken G, Moland KM, Norheim OF, Miljeteig I. Selling my sheep to pay for medicines – household priorities and coping strategies in a setting without universal health coverage. BMC Health Services Research, 2018, 18:153, DOI: 10.1186/s12913-018-2943-
- Magelssen M, Miljeteig I, Pedersen R, Førde R. Roles and responsibilities of clinical ethics committees in priority setting.BMC Medical Ethics 18 (1), 68, 2017, DOI: 10.1186/s12910-017-0226-5
- Svege S, B Kaunda, B Robberstad, TN Gondwe, KS Phiri and S Lange. Post-discharge malaria chemoprevention (PMC) in: caregivers` acceptance and preferences with regard to delivery methods. BMC Health Services Research (2018) 18:544
- Loaiza OR, Morales S, Norheim OF, Wilson BM. Revisiting Health Rights Litigation and Access to Medications in Costa Rica: Preliminary Evidence from the Cochrane Collaboration Reform. Health and human rights. 2018; 20(1):79-91. PubMed [journal] PMID: 30008554, PMCID: PMC6039739.
- Solberg CT, Norheim OF, Barra M. The disvalue of death in the global burden of disease. Journal of medical ethics. 2018; 44(3):192-198. PubMed [journal] PMID:29079556, PMCID: PMC5869483.
- Ottersen T, Grépin KA, Henderson K, Pinkstaff CB, Norheim OF, Røttingen JA. New approaches to ranking countries for the allocation of development assistance for health: choices, indicators and implications. Health policy and planning. 2018;33(suppl_1):i31-i46. PubMed [journal] PMID: 29415238, PMCID: PMC5886059.
- Grépin KA, Pinkstaff CB, Hole AR, Henderson K, Norheim OF, Røttingen JA, Ottersen T. Allocating external financing for health: a discrete choice experiment of stakeholder preferences. Health policy and planning. 2018; 33(suppl_1):i24-i30. PubMed [journal] PMID: 29415237, PMCID: PMC5886273.
- Venkateswaran M, Mørkrid K, Ghanem B, Abbas E, Abuward I, Baniode M, Norheim OF, Frøen JF. eRegQual-an electronic health registry with interactive checklists and clinical decision support for improving quality of antenatal care: study protocol for a cluster randomized trial. Trials. 2018; 19(1):54. PubMed [journal] PMID: 29357912, PMCID: PMC5778657.
- Binyaruka P, B Robberstad, G Torsvik and J Borghi. Who benefits from increased service utilisation? Examining the distributional effects of payment for performance in Tanzania. Int J Equity Health. 2018;17(1):14.
- Skaftun EK, Verguet S, Norheim OF, Johansson KA. Geographic health inequalities in Norway: A Gini analysis of cross-county differences in mortality from 1980 to 2014, Journal for Equity in Health (2018) 17:64
- Dawkins B, Mirelman AJ, Asaria M, Johansson KA, Cookson R. Distributional cost-effectiveness analysis in low- and middle-income countries: illustrative example of rotavirus vaccination in Ethiopia, Health Policy and Planning. 2018; 1-8. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czx175
- Andersson AK, Johansson KA. Substituted decision making and the dispositional choice account, Journal of Medical Ethis, 2018; http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/medethics-2016-103672
- Bærøe, K. Styringstiltak og rettferdighet i helse- og omsorgstjenesten: samspill og spenninger, Tidsskrift for omsorgsforskning, 2 (4), 2018
- Jansen, M. P. M., Baltussen, R., & Bærøe, K. (2018). Stakeholder Participation for Legitimate Priority Setting: A Checklist. International Journal of Health Policy and Management, http://www.ijhpm.com/article_3514.html
- Bærøe, K. (2018). On Fundamental Premises for Addressing “Context” and “Contextual Factors” Influencing Value Decisions in Healthcare; Comment on “Contextual Factors Influencing Cost and Quality Decisions in Health and Care: A Structured Evidence Review and Narrative Synthesis”. International Journal of Health Policy and Management,7(10); 958-960
- Wester, G., Bærøe, K., & Norheim, O. F. (2018). Towards theoretically robust evidence on health equity: a systematic approach to contextualising equity-relevant randomised controlled trials. Journal of Medical Ethics. doi: 10.1136/medethics-2017-104610
- Arnesen, S, Bærøe K, Cappelen C, Carlsen B: Could information about herd immunity help us achieve herd immunity? Evidence from a population representative survey experiment, Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, https://doi.org/10.1177/1403494818770298
- Melberg A, Onarheim KH, Spjeldnæs AO, Miljeteig I. Towards universal health coverage for undocumented migrants? Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2017 Dec 20;137(1). doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.17.0683. Print 2018 Jan 9
- Onarheim KH, Norheim OF, Miljeteig I.Newborn health benefits or financial risk protection? An ethical analysis of a real-life dilemma in a setting without universal health coverage.J Med Ethics. 2018 Aug;44/8):524-530.
- Magelssen M, Miljeteig I, Pedersen R, Førde R. Roles and responsibilities of clinical ethics committees in priority setting.BMC Medical Ethics 18 (1), 68, 2017, DOI: 10.1186/s12910-017-0226-
- Grépin KA, Pinkstaff CB, Hole AR, Henderson K, Norheim OF, Røttingen JA, Ottersen T. Allocating external financing for health: a discrete choice experiment of stakeholder preferences. Health policy and planning. 2018 Feb 1;33(suppl_1):i24-30.
Bringedal, Berit and Kristine Bærøe: Commentary to ‘Social Health Disparities in Clinical Care: A New Approach to Medical Fairness’ by Puschel, Furlan and Dekkers. Public Health Ethics (2017) 10(1): 86-89.Magelssen M, Miljeteig I, Pedersen R, Førde R. Roles and responsibilities of clinical ethics committees in priority setting. BMC Medical Ethics 18 (1), 68, 2017, DOI: 10.1186/s12910-017-0226-5.
Onarheim KH, Sisay MM, Gizaw M, Moland KM, Miljeteig I. What if the baby doesn't survive? Health-care decision making for ill newborns in Ethiopia. Social Science & Medicine. 2017 Nov 2.
Solberg CT, Norheim OF, Barra M. The disvalue of death in the global burden of disease. Journal of Medical Ethics. 2017 Oct 27:medethics-2017.
Hailu A, Lindtjørn B, Deressa W, Gari T, Loha E, Robberstad B. Economic burden of malaria and predictors of cost variability to rural households in south-central Ethiopia. PloS one. 2017 Oct 11;12(10):e0185315.
Ngalesoni F, Ruhago G, Mayige M, Oliveira TC, Robberstad B, Norheim OF, Higashi H. Cost-effectiveness analysis of population-based tobacco control strategies in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases in Tanzania. PloS one. 2017 Aug 2;12(8):e0182113.
Lindemark F, Haaland ØA, Kvåle R, Flaatten H, Norheim OF, Johansson KA. Costs and expected gain in lifetime health from intensive care versus general ward care of 30,712 individual patients: a distribution-weighted cost-effectiveness analysis. Critical Care. 2017 Aug 21;21(1):220
Jull J et al (Robberstad B and Norheim OF co-authors). When is a randomised controlled trial health equity relevant? Development and validation of a conceptual framework. BMJ open. 2017 Sep 1;7(9):e015815.
Aidem JM. Stakeholder views on criteria and processes for priority setting in Norway: a qualitative study. Health Policy. 2017 Jun 30;121(6):683-90.
Johansson, KA, Nygaard, E, Herlofsen, B, & Lindemark, F. (2017). Implementation of the 2013 amended Patients’ Rights Act in Norway: Clinical priority guidelines and access to specialised health care. Health Policy.
Cookson, R, Mirelman, AJ, Griffin, S, Asaria, M, Dawkins, B, Norheim, OF, Verguet, S and Culyer, AJ, 2017. Using cost-effectiveness analysis to address health equity concerns. Value in Health, 20(2), pp.206-212.
Memirie, ST, Metaferia, ZS, Norheim, OF, Levin, CE, Verguet, S, & Johansson, KA. (2017). Household expenditures on pneumonia and diarrhoea treatment in Ethiopia: a facility-based study. BMJ Global Health, 2(1), e000166.
Onarheim, K. H., Taddesse, M, Norheim OF, Abdullah M, Miljeteig I (2015). Towards universal health coverage for reproductive health services in Ethiopia: two policy recommendations. Int J Equity Health; 14:86.
Johansson KA, Memirie ST, Pecenka C, Jamison DT, Verguet S (2015) Health Gains and Financial Protection from Pneumococcal Vaccination and Pneumonia Treatment in Ethiopia: Results from an Extended Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. PLoS ONE 10(12): e0142691.
Ruhago, GM, FN Ngalesoni, B Robberstad and OF Norheim. Cost-effectiveness of live oral attenuated human rotavirus vaccine in Tanzania. BMC Cost-Effectiveness and Resource Allocation 2015, 13:7. DOI: 10.1186/s12962-015-0033-0.
Mazalale, J., C Kambala, S Brenner, J Chinkhumba, J Lohmann, D Mathanga, B Robberstad, AS Muula and M de Allegri (2015). Factors associated with delivery outside a health facility: cross-sectional study in rural Malawi. Trop Med Int Health 20(5): 617-626
Chola, L., LT Fadnes, IMS Engebretsen, L Nkonki, V Nankabirwa, H Sommerfelt, JK Tumwine, T Tylleskar and B Robberstad (2015). Cost-Effectiveness of Peer Counselling for the Promotion of Exclusive Breastfeeding in Uganda. PLoS One 10(11): e0142718.
Mori AT, Norheim OF, Robberstad B. Budget Impact Analysis of Using Dihydroartemisinin-Piperaquine to Treat Uncomplicated Malaria in Children in Tanzania. Pharmacoeconomics 2015.
Wisloff, T. and B. Robberstad (2015). Re: Markov-modellering. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen 135(16): 1432.
Robberstad. Alder og alvor (Age and severity of disease). Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2015 Aug 11; 1376 – 1378.
Tranvåg EJ, Nygaard E, Norheim OF. Hvordan påvirker prioriteringsvilkårene rettighetstildelingen i Helsedirektoratets prioriteringsveiledere? Michael 2015; 12: 416–27.
Norheim OF. Ethical perspective: five unacceptable trade-offs on the path to universal health coverage. Int J Health Policy Manag. 2015;4(11):711–714. doi:10.15171/ijhpm.2015.184
Bærøe K. "Institutional framework", chapter in "Etisk skjønn i forskning" Fossheim, H. and H. C. Ingierd (Red.). [Oslo, 2015], Universitetsforlaget: 126 s.
Strand, K. B., Chisholm, D., Fekadu, A., & Johansson, K. A. (2015). Scaling-up essential neuropsychiatric services in Ethiopia: a cost-effectiveness analysis.Health Policy and Planning. doi: 10.1093/heapol/czv093
Defaye, F., D. Desalegn, M. Danis, S. Hurst, Y. Berhane, O. Norheim and I. Miljeteig (2015). "A survey of Ethiopian physicians' experiences of bedside rationing: extensive resource scarcity, tough decisions and adverse consequence BMC Health Services Research 15(1): 467.
Bærøe K, Cappelen C. Phase-dependent justification: the role of personal responsibility in fair healthcare. J Med Ethics 2015;41:836-840, October 1, 2015 (10.1136/medethics-2014-102645).
Hoffman SJ, Ottersen T. Addressing Antibiotic Resistance Requires Robust International Accountability Mechanisms. J Law Med Ethics 2015; 43 Suppl 3: 53-64.
Wester G. Conscientious Objection by Health Care Professionals. Philosophy Compass 2015; 10: 427-37.
Voigt K, Wester G. RELATIONAL EQUALITY AND HEALTH. Social Philosophy and Policy 2015; 31: 204-29.
Lindemark F, Haaland ØA, Kvåle R, Flaatten H, Johansson KA (2015) Age, Risk, and Life Expectancy in Norwegian Intensive Care: A Registry-Based Population Modelling Study. PLoS ONE 10(5): e0125907. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0125907
Pecenka CJ, Johansson KA, Memirie ST, et al. Health gains and financial risk protection: an extended cost-effectiveness analysis of treatment and prevention of diarrhoea in Ethiopia. BMJ Open 2015; 5: e006402.
Asada, Y., Hurley, J., Norheim, O. F., & Johri, M. (2015). Unexplained health inequality–is it unfair?. International journal for equity in health, 14(1), 11.
Stéphane Verguet et al. (Dawit Desalegn, Kjell Arne Johansson, Solomon Tessema Memmirie among several co authors) Health gains and financial risk protection afforded by public financing of selected interventions in Ethiopia: an extended cost-effectiveness analysis. The Lancet Global Health, Volume 3, Issue 5, e288 - e29.