How to apply for exchange
Your step-by-step guide on how to apply for exchange to the University of Bergen (UiB).
Step 1: Nomination
You must be nominated by your home university in order to apply for student exchange at the University of Bergen (UIB). Contact your home coordinator to find out if you are elegible for exchange at UIB.
|15 March - 15 April||Autumn semester or full academic year|
|1 September - 1 October||Spring semester|
Please note that the University of Bergen does not admit Free Movers.
How to apply
As soon as your home coordinator has nominated you in UiBs nomination portal, you will receive two separate emails from UiB:
1: Password and link to access Søknadsweb (UiB's online application portal).
2: Information about the application procedures and deadline.
Follow the instructions on how to log in and apply.
Did not receive the UIB emails
1. Check if the emails have been sent to another email address (your student email or your private email).
2. Check with your home coordinator that you have been nominated.
3. If you have not received any emails from firstname.lastname@example.org:
- try to order a new password at the log in page of Søknadsweb. A reply will be sent to you immediately.
- send an email to email@example.com and ask if your email address is correctly registered in Søknadsweb.
Remember to check your email regularly, including the spam filter.
The email firstname.lastname@example.org should be whitelisted in order to be able to get the password.