The offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry
Welcome to the offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry 2020 in Bergen on 29 September 2020!
The purpose of the Science Meets Industry Bergen is knowledge exchange between academia, industry and public sector on offshore wind. The conference is organized by Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW) in collaboration with NORCOWE and GCE Ocean Technology.
Due to the recent developments in the COVID-19 situation in Bergen it was decided that there will be no physical conference in Bergen on 29 September 2020. The program for the Science Meets Industry conference will be split in two parts:
Part 1: 29 September 2020 cl. 13:00-15:00 Webinar - Hywind Tampen technical challenges and solutions
- Hywind Tampen – status and the way forward, Olav-Bernt Haga, Equinor
- Hywind Tampen substructure Project Execution and Marine Operations, Erik Stormyr, Project Manager, Kværner
- Hywind Tampen Marine Operations, Fredrik von der Fehr, Project Manager, KDS JV (DOF Subsea)
- SCADA as a foundation for digitalization and intelligent services, TBA, Origo Solutions
- Hywind Tampen Wergeland Base operations, Irene Wergeland, CEO, Wergeland Group
- Hywind Tampen: A Regulatory Gamebreaker for Norwegian Offshore Wind? Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui, Associate professor, Faculty of Law/Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
Part 2: Date TBA – physical seminar
The second part will be a seminar (preferably physical) at a later date, covering the rest of the original program and with more emphasis on networking.
Preliminary program (program is subject to change)
- Opening address, Marte Mjøs Persen, Mayor of Bergen
- Offshore Wind in Norway, TBA, OED
- What offshore wind means for value creation and employment in Denmark and Europe, Christina Aabo, Head of R&D, Ørsted
- The RAVE program in Germany, TBA
- Biological aspects to consider with opening of areas for electricity production offshore, Henning Wehde, Progamme Director, Institute of Marine Research
Updates from academia/industry
- Impact of wind field formulation on the dynamic response of offshore wind turbines, Astrid Nybø, PhD candidate, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
- Verification of NORA3 reanalysis data for offshore wind power purposes, Ida Marie Solbrekke, PhD candidate, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen.
- An experimental study on the effects of winglets on the tip of a model wind turbine, Thomas Hansen, Postdoctorial Fellow, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
- Spin off – NORCE Machine prognostics, TBA, NORCE
- Data-driven life extension of offshore wind turbines, Peter Jenkins, CEO, 4Subsea
You can read about the Science Meets Industry conference 2019 here.