The offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry
Welcome to the offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry 2020 in Bergen on 29 September 2020!
The purpose of the Science Meets Industry Bergen is knowledge exchange between academia, industry and public sector on offshore wind. The conference is organized by Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW) in collaboration with NORCOWE and GCE Ocean Technology.
Preliminary program 2020
Date: 29 September 2020
Time: 09.00 – 15:30
Venue: University Aula
Note: We are following the COVID-19 situation and venue and program is subject to change in response to new developments.
09:00 – 10:00 – Registration, coffee and posters
10:00 – 11:30 - Morning session: Society/politics
- Opening address, TBC
- Offshore Wind in Norway, TBA, OED
- What offshore wind means for value creation and employment in Denmark and Europe, Christina Aabo, Head of R&D, Ørsted
- Norwegian offshore wind legislation, Ignacio Herrera Anchustegui, Associate professor, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
- The RAVE program in Germany, Bernhard Lange, Division Manager Wind Farm Planning and Operation, Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy Systems
- Biological aspects to consider with opening of areas for electricity production offshore, TBC
11:30 – 12:30 – Lunch and posters
12:30 – 13:30 Afternoon session 1: Updates from academia and the industry
- Impact of wind field formulation on the dynamic response of offshore wind turbines, Astrid Nybø, PhD candidate, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
- Verification of NORA3 reanalysis data for offshore wind power purposes, Ida Marie Solbrekke, PhD candidate, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen.
- An experimental study on the effects of winglets on the tip of a model wind turbine, Thomas Hansen, Postdoctorial Fellow, Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW), University of Bergen
- Spin off – NORCE Machine prognostics, TBA, NORCE
- Industry pitch 4Subsea, CEO Peter Jenkins
13:30 – 13:45 - break
13:45 – 15:30 – Afternoon session 2: Hywind Tampen technical challenges and solutions
- Hywind Tampen – status and the way forward, Olav-Bernt Haga (TBC), Equinor
- Title TBC, DOF/Kværner
- SCADA as a foundation for digitalization and intelligent services, TBA, Origo Solutions
You can read about the Science Meets Industry conference 2019 here.