The offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry
Welcome to the offshore wind conference Science Meets Industry Bergen 2019!
The purpose of the SMI Bergen is knowledge exchange between academia, industry and public sector on offshore wind. The 2019 conference was organized by Bergen Offshore Wind Centre (BOW) in collaboration with NORCOWE and GCE Ocean Technology. The conference received support from The Research Council of Norway.
The conference was held on the 12th of September 2019. In this article you will find the program and the presentations from the conference.
10:00 Morning session
- Opening address, Robert Bjerknes, Vice Rector, UiB
- Offshore wind energy in Norway, Liv Lønnum, State Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, Progress Party (Frp)
- How sustainable finance can support a green energy shift, Thina Margrethe Saltvedt, Nordea
- The global future of offshore wind – how to make offshore wind more cost efficient? Christina Aabo, Ørsted
- How to reach 40-60 Euro pr MWh for floating offshore wind in 2030? Arne Eik, Equinor
- Offshore wind at Kværner - what business opportunities do we see? Niklas Indrevær, Kværner
11:40 - 12.40 Lunch
12:40 Afternoon session
- The value of integrated design of offshore wind turbines foundations, Kristoffer Skjolden Skau, NGI
- Observationally based estimates of wind power potential on the Norwegian Shelf, Nils Gunnar Kvamstø, UiB
- The COTUR campaign - Measuring offshore turbulence and coherence with lidars, Joachim Reuder, UiB
- Drones for inspection of wind turbines – opportunities and challenges, Rune Storvold, NORCE
14:00 - 14.20 Break
- Deep Purple – subsea hydrogen production from floating offshore wind, Terje André Løver, TechnipFMC
- Offshore Wind Opportunities for the Norwegian supply chain industry – Kai Stoltz, GCE Ocean Technology
- The impact of offshore wind in the society – Heikki Holmås, Multiconsult
- Closing remarks by Members of Parliament Eigil Knutsen (Labour Party (Ap)) and Liv Kari Eskeland (Conservative Party (H))
15:30 Closing of conference
16:00-17:00 Poster session/reception
See who else was attending the conference: participant list. Latest update 10.09.2019.