Is there a geobiology topic you would like to learn more about? Our scientists have some interesting and informative outreach articles that may answer some of your questions.
- What are hydrothermal fields and where do we find them?
- What causes a hydrothermal field to form?
- Black and white smokers
Life around the hydrothermal vents
- Microorganisms in hydrothermal areas
- What are microorganisms?
- Why is the study of microbiology interesting?
- What can we learn from microorganisms?
- Macroorganisms living around hydrothermal areas
Technology and equipment
Is there a scientific term you do not understand? Check out the glossaries below:
- What is life Glossary of Scientific Terms
- Glossary of terms and abbreviations relevant to the International Seabed Authority
- Quick Reference GLOSSARY OF SCIENTIFIC TERMS
There are many interesting and informative web sites dealing with marine science. Here you will find a list of some.